Best fried rice for Asian food lovers. This broccoli fried rice is full of flavors, very healthy, and incredibly easy to cook. Ideal for a weekly meal plan or lunch boxes, this fried rice has tons of flavor and is really delicious.
This vegan broccoli fried rice takes only 10 minutes of your time if you have pre-cooked white/brown rice with you.
Just throw in some aromatics and vegetables with a few sauces, and your mind-blowing healthy bowl is ready to relish.
Cooked Brown/White Rice- You definitely need cooked cold rice to make this restaurant-style fried rice. Cooked cold rice doesn't get mushy, hence giving it the perfect texture.
Broccoli Florets- Fresh or frozen broccoli florets work perfectly. Depending on your choice, you can keep the size small or big in your fried rice.
Cashew Nuts- I have used fried cashew nuts for this recipe, however, you can fry them for yourself.
Aromatics- Garlic, ginger, and fresh chili peppers are some of the things which are required for this recipe.
Sauce Mix- Dark soy sauce, sesame oil, red chili sauce, and brown sugar are whisked together to make this recipe.
Scallions are the perfect garnish for this fried rice.
And avocado oil/olive oil for cooking the fried rice.
It's filling and hearty, and the perfect dinner for any time of the week.
How to Cook It-
Take a wok or pan and heat oil in it. Add minced/chopped garlic. Saute them till they are caramelized. Then, add ginger and fresh chilies, and saute for some more time.
Add broccoli florets and saute. However, the idea is to keep them crunchy. Furthermore, add fried cashews and sauce mix to the pan. Saute and mix the cooked rice with it.
Mix well and garnish with some scallion this time. I always like to add a few fresh chilies to my rice.
Serve in a bowl and enjoy!!!
You can use eggs in making this broccoli-fried rice. That will make this fried rice a complete vegetarian meal in itself.
Vegan people can use tofu or edamame for added protein in this recipe. This makes the recipe hearty and super filling.
You May Also Want to Check Out My Other Popular Fried Rice Recipes-
Broccoli Fried Rice
- 3 Cups Cooked white rice /Brown rice
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- ½ Cup Roasted Cashew Nuts
- 6 Cloves Chopped/Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Chilies
- ½ Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 2 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Pepper
- Heat oil in a pan or a wok.
- Whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and red chili sauce together to make a wonderful sauce mix.
- Add chopped/minced garlic to the pan/wok.
- Saute till it looks golden.
- Add chopped ginger and fresh chilies and saute until they look cooked. That will take around 30 seconds to one minute.
- Add broccoli to the pan and cook till it stays crunchy but cooked.
- Add cashew nuts and mix with broccoli and all the aromatics.
- Furthermore, add the sauce mix and mix everything together to cook for around one minute.
- Add rice to the pan and cook till they are totally combined in the pan/wok.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Garnish with green onion and enjoy!!!