This time when your kids don’t want to eat Missi Roti and Aaloo-Gobhi-Matar, surprise them with a wonderful twist.
This Missi Roti Tart is crispy, crunchy, and tastes delicious with a luscious filling of spicy Aaloo-Gobhi-Matar. Drizzling some fragrant yoghurt dip takes this dish to another level.
Missi Roti Tart with Aaloo Gobhi Matar Filling
- For making Missi Roti Tart.(My way)
- 1 Cup Whole wheat Flour.
- 1/2 Cup Corn flour (Makke ka Aata)Do not get confused with corn starch.
- 1/2 Cup Chick pea Flour(Besan)
- 1 Tbs Canola oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Cup Fresh methi (fenugreek leaves/Methi Leaves)/Kasoori methi
- 1 Tsp Ajwain /Carom seeds(optional)
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Green Chilis (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Green Coriander leaves (chopped)
- For making of Potato ,cauliflower and Green Peas Filling .
- 6 Medium size Boiled potato(cut into small size.
- 2 Cup Cauliflower florets /small /medium sized
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas/Matar
- 1 Medium onion Chopped finely .
- 1 Tbsp Ginger ,Garlic,Green Chilly Paste/
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil.
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro
- salt according to the taste.
1/4 Cup Tomato Puree
How to Make Missi Roti Tarts
- Mix everything together and with the help of little room temperature water make a nice soft dough . Do not use too much water .
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 f.
- Make tart base according to your shells .
- Place a parchment paper on top of it and then place some beans ,dals or legumes . This step is important for making perfect tart shells.
- Bake this for around 20 minutes. Your time can vary ,depending on your oven size.Tart should not be hard after baking ,it will be crumbly .Keep an eye on it while baking.
- Your baked tart will look like this.
- Making of Potato, Cauliflower ,Green Peas filling .
- Take a Wok /Pan.
- Add oil to it .Let it heat for some time .
- Add Onion and fry it for 2-3 minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste .Fry it till all the raw smell is gone.
- Add Gobhi/Cauliflower and fry it for 2 -3 minutes.
- Cover it and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to it and cover again . Let it cook for some time (3- minute)
- Remove the lid and cook it on the medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and green peas to it .
- Add coriander powder ,red chilli powder ,dry mango powder to it and fry on medium flame for at least 2 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree and mix it .
- Cover it and cook for 3-4 minutes or till the sabji looks done . It wont be a dry sabji its texture will be little mushy .
- Add fresh cilantro and garam masala powder to it .
- Check the seasoning ,if you want to add ,do it now.
- Your tart filling is ready.
- How to fill the tart and bake.
- Fill your tart shells with the Aaloo Gobhi filling.
- If you want you can top it with grated cheese. Its optional though.
- Bake it on 400 f for 10-12 minutes Or till it looks nice and done .
- Broil it for 2-3 minutes till the top looks crisp and cheese melts.(if using)
- Remove it from the oven and serve it with your choice of dip or chutney.
- I served it with yoghurt raita.