A spicy and Hot Indo Chinese Paneer dish.
- 12 Big Cubes of Paneer(Paneer should be little thick)
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil /your choice of oil.
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch /Corn Flour.
- Oil for deep frying Paneer.
- For Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped ginger and garlic.
- 2 Tbsp Schezwan Chilli Sauce/you can boil dry red chillies and make a paste after removing the seeds. use this paste if you do not have Schezwan sauce)
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Brown sugar (use any sugar if you don't have)
- 1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onion.
- 1 Tsp Corn Starch
- 3 Tbsp Water
- Frying of Paneer
- Mix Paneer with oil .
- Add corn flour and coat all the Paneer pieces evenly .
- Fry Paneer on medium flame till they look pinkish brown and Crispy.
- Soak this fried Paneer in hot water till you make Sauce.
- Making of Sauce
- Take a Wok.
- Add oil .Heat it .
- Add Dry Red chilli to it . Let it crackle .
- Add chopped ginger and garlic to it . Saute it once.
- Add ginger -garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone .
- Mix schezwan sauce ,vinegar , soy sauce and brown sugar together.
- Whisk it for 1 minute in the wok.
- Mix corn starch with 3 tbsp of water,add this slurry to your sauce .
- Add Soaked drained paneer to this sauce and mix well.
- Taste it . If you need Salt add just a little .I have not used salt since all these sauces have salt in it.
- If you want more liquid then add little water to it .
- Let it come to a boil and switch off the flame .
- Add chopped green onion to it .Mix it .
- Serve it hot with rice or noodles.
- Note --You can use Peppers and Big Chunks of Onion but I have not used it .
Air fried version of Schezwan Paneer
- Mix Paneer with corn flour and one tsp of oil.
- Preheat air fryer on 370 F for 5 minutes.
- Brush air fryer basket with little oil.
- Place all the paneer in one layer .Do not over crowd the air fryer.
- Air fry them for 8-10 minutes till they look and feel crispy . You can reduce or increase the time depending on your personal preference(regarding crispness)
- Keep them aside and follow the method for making the sauce.