Well, I admit, my mom makes the best Samosas. Since my childhood, I have seen her making the best Potato Samosas, with a flaky, crispy dough and delicious spicy potatoes. It was a treat to watch her making the most elegant Samosa shells. I learnt the tricks of Samosa-making from her and believe me, they're foolproof.
I am really picky about how my Samosa should look and taste. Its outer covering/skin should be smooth and crunchy.
This evening, I was thinking of making a few Samosas for snacks so I casually asked my daughter about it. She seemed not very interested in it and was pitching for noodles. I thought, "Why not make a fusion Samosa which makes everyone happy?" With that thought, I decided to make Schezwan Noodle Samosa.
It's a Schezwan Noodles stuffed Samosa and if you have not tried it, I will suggest to go ahead and make it. You will definitely wonder why you have not tried it earlier. It's that delicious, friends.
I am sharing my foolproof recipe with you all and I am sure that you will be able to make a Samosa better then a halwai with this recipe.
Schezwan Noodle Samosa
- 2 Cups All Purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Water for kneading the dough.
- Oil for Deep Frying.
- Take all purpose flour in a big bowl .
- Add salt to it .
- Mix It nicely with your fingers.
- Add oil to it . Mix it nicely with your fingers and palms for 7-8 minute.This step is crucial for flaky crispy outer shell without any bubbles.Don't skip it at all.
- Now Start adding water to it . You won't need much water . Make a really tight dough and without putting much wter make it smooth . It will take 3-4 minutes.
- After making a smooth dough ball, cover it with a damp kitchen towel.
- After 20 minutes Make 6 medium size dough balls out of it.
- Roll 1 ball into a big round shape . Disc shouldn't be too thin.
- Make a thick liquid of 1 tbsp all purpose flour with 2.5 tbsp of water.
- Cut the disc into 2 parts with the help of a sharp knife.
- Make shell of samosa with one half of a disc and fill it nicely with Your choice of noodle /Schezwan Noodles.
- Close it with help of the thick liquid we have made.
- Make all the samosa with same process.
- Take a big wok.
- Fill it with oil for deep frying the Samosa. Alternatively you can do it on 370 for 8-10 minutes. Time can vary on your air fryer.
- When oil is hot ,drop a few samosa in it .
- Keep the flame very low .This is the key of crunchy and flaky samosa .
- Fry it till it looks light golden brown.
- Drain it on a paper towel. Serve it with a sauce of your choice.
Here I am sharing the recipe link of my veg hakka noodles . You can make Schezwan Hakka Noodles with this recipe . Just use Schezwan sauce in it .