Happy Mother’s Day!!!!
So are you guys all set for the beautiful cards, breakfast in bed, and warm hugs? Well, this is the time to enjoy all the attention in the world. It’s ok even if it’s just for a day.
For the Mother’s Day special post, I chose a beautiful cake by Marcela Valladolid of Food Network. I have tweaked the recipe a little bit and covered the sides with whipped cream and coconut flakes . It’s a Caramel Mango and Coconut Upside Down Cake. I loved how airy and flavourful this cake is. Packed with the gooey deliciousness of caramelised mango and coconut flakes, this cake really is worth trying. It will definitely leave you spellbound.
Mango Upside Down Cake with Coconut Flakes.
- 1 1/2 Sticks (12 tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Thin slices of mangoes
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 1/4 Cups All purpose flour
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- In a saucepan add brown sugar with 4 tbsp of the butter. Stir it continuously over the high heat and make caramel .When syrup is bubbling stop it right there .
- Butter a spring form pan.Carefully pour the caramel mixtire in the the pan.
- Arrange mango slices on top of that .
- Sprinkle some unsweetened coconut flakes on top of mangoes.
- Mix flour ,salt and baking powder.
- With a electric mixture beat 8 tbsp of butter with sugar, until it looks fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one .Whisk it properly but don't overmix.Add Vanilla to it.
- Add half of dry mix to it then add milk to it . Again add rest of the flour to it . Mix properly .
- Spoon the batter into the spring form pan . I have used a 9 ''spring form pan.
- Place this pan into a tray ,because during the baking process caramel will drip.
- Bake for around 50 minutes or till your toothpick comes out clean.
- After cake comes to room temp run your knife through the pan and invert the cake on to a plate.
- Serve at room temperature.