There are days when you crave something spicy, yummy and full of flavor that make your taste buds alive.
In an ideal situation, you can make good food in less time.
So for tonight's dinner, when I wasn't in the mood to cook an elaborate meal, I made Indian street style hakka noodles.
It was everything required for a midweek pick-me-up dinner.
Who doesn't love a bowl of spicy hakka noodles with lots of vegetables?
Veg Hakka Noodles
- ½ Cup Red/Yellow bell pepper julienned
- ½ Cup Green bell pepper julienned
- ⅓ Cup Carrot
- ¼ Cup Scallion /green Onion
- ⅓ Cup Cabbage thinly sliced(I have not used)optional.
- 1 Tsp Schezwan Sauce (home made )you can use Chili sauce.
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Ginger Garlic minced
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 2 Green Chilies slit length wise.
- 1 Tsp Chili oil
- 4 Hakka Noodles( 4 round balls)I have used Inchin 's .
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- Boil Noodles According to instruction written on package.
- It should be crunchy not mushy.
- Wash with cold water and let it dry on flat surface .
- Drizzle some oil and mix it properly .
- Keep it aside.
- Take a Wok.
- Add oil.Let it come to a smoke point.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry it till the raw smell is gone .
- In crease the heat to high and mix all the vegetables. Fry it on one minute and add hakka noodles.
- Fry again for one minute (I do it with tongs so that I wont break noodles )
- Add all the sauces and mix it with the Noodles.
- Mix Chili oil .
- Garnish with Scallion and serve hot .