Peri-Peri Cauliflower Tacos. Baked Cauliflower florets with peri-peri sauce are the ultimate alternative to any meat taco. It is crispy, saucy, spicy and a powerhouse of flavour.
A wonderful thing about this recipe is that it can be easily converted into a vegan peri cauliflower taco. It is a great option for an easy lunch, dinner, or picnic meal.
I bet that everyone loves a good taco. Cauliflower tacos are quite popular among vegan or vegetarian people. Different types of sauce and marinades increase the flavour profile of the cauliflower in the tacos.
Recently peri sauce has become my favourite sauce. The slightly tangy and spicy hot sauce is quite famous in the UK and back home in India. Peri peri sauce is mostly used in non-veg recipes. I thought about trying peri peri sauce in my vegetarian tacos and to my delight, it came out delicious. It is spicy and fingerlicking good.
Baking cauliflower comes naturally to this recipe. Since I wanted to introduce fresh flavours, I did not use bread crumbs. Baked peri peri tacos served with crunchy salad and cilantro crema is just perfect for any kind of meal. Taking a bite of this taco makes you crave more. Your taste buds feel as if they are in heaven. If making easy and simple food is your priority then this recipe is for you.
What Ingredients are used for Peri Peri Cauliflower Taco?
Cauliflower- I have used a whole cauliflower or around 5 cups in the recipe. Using fresh whole cauliflower is preferable. Break it into florets.
Tortillas-I have used small size whole wheat tortillas. Small size tortillas are always handy.
Peri Peri Sauce -I have used Nando's peri peri sauce. You can use any brand which is available to you.
Milk-Whole milk, Almond Milk for a vegan option.
All purpose Flour-I have used all purpose flour for coating the cauliflower.
Black Pepper powder
Sweet Chili Sauce- I have used spicy chili sauce, you can use any type of chili sauce.
For Cilantro Crema
Cilantro-Use fresh cilantro for making the cilantro crema.
Sour Cream-Any sour cream will be good.
Jalapeno-Use jalapeno for a hint of spice.
How to bake peri peri cauliflower
Break cauliflower into medium size florets. Whisk milk, all purpose flour, garlic powder, black pepper powder, and salt together. Coat cauliflower florets with a beautiful coating of this mix.
Bake them in the oven for some time. Remove them. Mix peri peri sauce and spicy chili sauce together. Brush the sauce mix on the cauliflower and bake them again till they look done. Before serving you can always brush cauliflower with a coat of sauce mix.
You May want To Check These Other Tex Mex Recipes,
Peri Peri Cauliflower Taco
For Cauliflower Taco
- 1 Whole(5 cups) Cauliflower ,break into florets
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Milk/Almond Milk For Vegan alternative.
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Nando's Peri Peri Sauce
- ⅓ Cup Red Chili sauce
For Cilantro Cream ,
- 1 Cup Sour Cream(Do not use for vegan taco)Use avocado
- ½ Cup Cilantro
- 2 garlic
- 1 Jalapeno
- Salt according to the taste
- Preheat oven to 425 f.
- Make a smooth batter of all purpose flour, milk, garlic powder, pepper powder, and salt.
- Dip cauliflower florets into the batter and bake them after dripping the excess batter.
- Bake them on the upper rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and brush them with the sauce mix. Bake them again for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on them. Do not let them burn.
- Just before serving, if you want, spread some sauce mix on them. That will enhance the taste.
Making of cilantro crema
- Grind everything written under to make a smooth sauce. Taste it and adjust the seasoning.
Preparing the taco
- Grill the tacos on the flat griddle.
Assembling of the taco.
- Take a taco.
- Spread some salad /cole slaw .
- Arrange peri peri cauliflower on top of salad .
- Drizzle some sauce over it.