Crispy from outside and soft from the inside, these spicy, tangy Thai Paneer Satay Pops are a treat for the taste buds.
What is Satay ?
Satay in Malay and Indonesian is a southeast Asian dish of of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce. It is quite popular in most Asian countries. Chicken Satay is the most common and famous of all types of satay.
Since my family loves paneer, I thought about making a vegetarian version of Chicken Satay by using paneer as the main protein. It was quick, delicious, and absolutely gorgeous.
Who says vegetarians can’t have fun?
Why do kids love Paneer Satay?
It’s finger food and tell me, who doesn’t like a gooey, saucy, tangy finger food which not only satisfies your hunger cravings but it soothes your soul. Kids like its combination of various textures. It’s easy to carry in lunch boxes and tastes awesome at room temperature.
It’s great finger food for any party!!!
Thai Paneer Satay
- 8 Piece Long sticks/Strip of Paneer
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger -Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp Schezwan Sauce
- 1 Tsp Thai red curry paste.
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- Dipping sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Roasted peanut after removing the husk. Grind it coarsely.
- 8 Skewers
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil for Grilling the Paneer Satay.
- First lets make the marinade.
- Mix every thing other then Paneer in a wide mouth mixing bowl.
- Put one skewer in each of the Paneer Strip,and make sure they are all the way to the top of the skewer.
- Dip each Paneer skewer into the marinade and cover each strip nicely .
- Take a grill pan .Heat it .
- Grill each of the Paneer satay sticks properly on all the sides . If you want to grill just two sides that's also fine . I grilled mine on all the sides.
- Keep all the grilled Paneer Satay sticks in a plate.
- Take Tomato ketchup in a plate,and roasted peanut granules in another .
- Dip Paneer Satay sticks into the ketchup and then dip in the plate of peanut granules . The granules will stick to the ketchup .
- If you want to stick a few small leaves of Cilantro to the Satay Sticks do it now.
- Your Thai Paneer Satay is ready to serve.If you want you can serve this with any dip of your choice.