Crispy, filling, and totally delicious, these Broccoli and Green Peas Sandwiches are yummy to eat. Easy to make and super delectable, these sandwiches are kid-approved and a crowd-pleaser. These are just perfect for lunch boxes as well for munching at any time. This broccoli and peas sandwich is just fabulous.
Do you love sandwiches? I do and like most of the folks, I always love to make them. Simple sandwiches made with the most staple vegetables available in our fridge and pantry turn out delicious all the time.
At my home we prefer simple sandwiches made of cucumber, tomato, and onion. They taste so fresh that on a summer morning for breakfast, it's a treat. Sometimes I make the most delicious Spinach Corn Sandwich , which are just so fun to eat. Cheesy, creamy, and crispy, a perfect combination of all the textures, I serve them with my Gnocchi Tomato Soup.
In India, masala sandwiches and chutney sandwiches are quite popular. Street food vendors often make them so delicious that you will find them busy making hundreds of these sandwiches a day. I do love them and the fact is variation is the key to sandwich making. Whoever discovered them made our life so easy and fun.
In this recipe, I tried to keep this simple, healthy and minimal. A simple filling of broccoli and green peas mince along with some garlic, cheese and spices are filled between the two slices of lightly buttered bread.
I have used an air fryer for making this sandwich in order to save time and to make it extra crispy. It is amazing how crispy it is. Once you try it yourself, I bet you will not go back to your sandwich maker again.
Why Air Fryer Sandwich?
Making food in the air fryer is super easy and healthy. Nowadays I am experimenting with lots of food and their cooking process in the air fryers. It's quick so it cuts down the cooking time significantly and on top of that uses little or no oil. This has brought a revolution to our kitchen.
What Ingredients Do You Use in This Recipe?
Bread- Any type of bread, whatever you like. I love to use multi-grain, whole wheat, or some sometimes even white bread.
Green Peas- Frozen green peas work the best in this recipe.
Broccoli- I have used fresh broccoli in this recipe but I don't see why you can't use frozen ones.
Cheese- Any vegan shredded cheese of your choice or if you do not have any restrictions use any cheese of your choice. Sometimes I like to use a blend of different types of cheese.
Garlic- If you are a regular here you know how much I love garlic. Garlic makes everything better.
Salt and Pepper-
Red Pepper Flakes- A little kick is important for a delicious sandwich filling. However, if you don't want to, just skip it.
Butter- Any vegan butter works well.
Olive Oil- We need a little bit of oil for cooking the stuffing, however, if you want to make this oil-free don't cook the filling. Use it as it is after blanching.
Broccoli and Green Peas Sandwich
- 8 Bread Slices
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 1.5 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Shreded Cheese
- ½ Tsp Crushed pepper
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- A pinch of salt, since we are using cheese. According to your taste.
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Room temp. butter for toasting the bread.
- Take a pan and boil water in it.
- Add broccoli florets and green peas to it when it starts boiling.
- Remove it into a pot filled with cold water or ice, after just one boil.
- This process is called blanching. It retains the color.
- Make a coarse mixture of broccoli and peas in a grinder.
- Take a pan and add oil to it. Heat it.
- When it's hot enough, add minced garlic to it.
- Add broccoli and peas mixture to it. Saute it and add salt, pepper, and red pepper to it.
- Mix everything together. Remove onto a plate and let it come to room temp.
- Mix cheese with it after it comes to room temp.
- Pre heat the air fryer to 350 f.
- Brush some butter on the bread. Arrange some filling on one side of the bread and cover with another buttered slice.
- Arrange that in the air fryer basket. My air fryer is small so I can use just two sandwiches at a time.
- Air fry them for around 12-13 minutes, and turn them around one time in between.If you want more crispy increase the time for a minute or two.
- Serve with sauce or dip.