Baking is a definite stress buster. It lifts the spirits. ❤
A few stems of fresh vine cherry tomatoes and basil were looking for my attention, so I thought of baking focaccia for lunch. 🙂
Back from his trip, the man of the house wanted to take me out for lunch. He even promised to keep his phone on mute for sometime. 😂😉
So the foccacia had to wait.🙂
Will pair this wonderful bake with a salad or soup for dinner. ❤
I would love to share a few pics with you all.
Vine ripe cherry tomatoes, basil pesto, and rosemary focaccia bread. ❤
It's easy, fun, and really delicious. 😋
Vine Ripe Cherry Tomato ,Basil Pesto and Rosemary Focaccia
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour/(You can use whole wheat flour and all purpose flour in equal quantity)
- 1 Pack Instant Yeast(7 gm)
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2+3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 ⅔ Cups Warm Water,(You may need additional warm water)
- 2 Strings Vine Ripe Tomato
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Basil Pesto
- A Few Fresh Basil Leaves
- Mix flour ,yeast ,salt and sugar .Whisk properly .
- Mix 2 tbsp of olive oil with water .Please ensure water is Warm .
- Knead the dough nicely and press it in the desired pan .I have used tart pan .
- Cover it with a kitchen towel and keep it in a warm place to rise.
- It will double in size .
- After it looks double ,take the pan again.
- Poke holes in the dough with the help of your finger.
- Spread some basil pesto over the dough .Season it nicely with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tomatoes .
- Spread some rosemary along the tomatoes. Drizzle the olive oil all over the dough .
- Cover and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 375 F.
- Bake for 30 -40 minutes .Your time can be less or more by a few minutes.(depending on your oven ) Keep an eye.
- Remove from the oven .Place on a wire rack.
- Let it cool down first .
- Slice it and enjoy.