Sharing is Caring!!!!
The perfect one-pot meal, made with rice, lentil, and spinach.The ultimate healthy comfort food. This Instant Pot Palak( Spinach ) Khichdi with lasooni tadka is delicious.
We have a divided opinion on khichdi at my house. My younger one, and I don't crave it. However, we relish it when put in front of us.
My older one will not say anything while eating but will finish it in a few spoons and run.
And then my husband, who relishes every morsel of his khichdi and looks forward to it every time.
Yesterday, a severe weather alert was in our area. Several hundred people got affected by disrupted power lines and uprooted trees.
Although the school was supposed to start at a delayed time, the district kept it closed for safety purposes.
Usually, I don't make lunch for myself and eat fruits or vegetables, but since my daughter was at home, I thought about making something comforting and nourishing.
She doesn't get many opportunities to eat a wholesome, hot Indian lunch. I thought about making a delicious bowl of spinach khichdi which is relatively easy and the ultimate comfort food.
What is Khichdi?
We can say it's an Indian Risotto. It's a comfort food that can be cooked using Lentils and Rice. It's one of the most popular home-cooked foods in India. Khichdi is considered quite nutritious.
It is considered one of the simplest meals you can make in 20 minutes.
Throw some vegetables and very few spices in a pressure cooker /Instant Pot, along with some lentils and rice, and your delicious Bowl of Khichdi is ready! Add a dollop of Desi Ghee to that bowl, and your bowl of deliciousness is ready.
My most popular lentil recipes,
In modern times, experiments with khichdi recipes have given us a few beautiful recipes using many alternatives like Quinoa, Millet, or Oats. Irrespective of the ingredients, it always tastes good.
Here I will share a recipe for Instant Pot Palak Spinach Khichdi with lasooni tadka. Eaten with Tomato Chutney, Papad, and Pickle, this is an undoubtedly soulful meal.
You May Like these recipes,
Instant Pot Spinach/Palak Khichdi with Lasooni Tadka
- Instant Pot /Pressure Cooker
- For Khichdi making in Instant Pot
- ½ Cup Moong Dal /Yellow Split Moong lentil
- ½ Cup Basmati Rice ,Washed
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Spinach leaves(tightly packed) washed and dried.For making Spinach Puree.
- For Lasooni Tadka
- 2 Tbsp Avocado oil/ Desi ghee(if you are not vegan)
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ Inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch
- 1 Dry Red Chilli(Round One)
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- ½ Cup Water for making the spinach puree
- Wash and Drain the Rice and Dal.
- Switch on the Instant pot .
- Press the saute button on.
- Add Rice ,Dal,Turmeric ,Salt,bay leaf,black cardamom ,cinnamon and water.
- Close the lid and switch on the pressure cook button .
- Seal the pressure valve and cook for 4 minutes on high pressure.
- Puree the spinach leaves with ½ cup of water in the blender and keep it aside.
- Let the steam release naturally.
- In a Tadka Pan Add oil or ghee.Heat it .
- Add Cumin seeds,Dry Red chilli, Asafoetida and,Garlic to it .
- Fry it nicely so that it releases the natural flavour .Don't burn it .
- Remove the lid of the Instant Pot and mix the spinach puree to it .
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder to the tadka pan and immediately transfer the tadka to Instant Pot .
- Mix it nicely and Let it cook for 2 minutes.If you think its more thick for your liking and you like more runny Khichdi then mix ½ cup of water to it.
- Taste the salt. If you think it needs more add as per your taste .
- Your Spinach /Palak Khichdi is ready to serve.
- Serve this with Papad ,Chutney ,and Pickle .