If you are looking for a quick, satisfying, and bursting with flavours salad, I am sure you will be addicted to this salad in no time.
This is crunchy, has a creamy dressing, and is sweet and spicy at the same time. This is a powerhouse of flavours, and believe me, you need to taste this .
At home all of us love Thai food and experiments with Thai flavours is always a thing in the family.
So today, because of weather, when school was dismissed early, and since the man of the house was also working from home, it was a welcoming mid-week lunch for everyone.
Though spring has not yet come officially, my plate was full of rainbow colours. Packed with goodness of all the vegetables, this salad is great for a packed lunch.
Pack dressing and chopped salad separately, and you are good to go. The wonderful thing is, you can dump everything in a food processor and mix peanut dressing and voila! Your amazing Thai Noodle salad is ready.
You can use quinoa, Grilled Chicken, Tofu, Grilled Fish- any of these options instead of noodles.
You can use any type of noodles- Soba, Rice, and numerous other options. I am all about using whatever is available in your pantry and fridge, so I will suggest to you not to panic after reading a recipe- just use your creativity.
I believe that every recipe needs a bit of a personal touch and do it without being afraid. Play with ingredients and with that mindset, you will love your experiments in the kitchen.
Coming back to the recipe, this was our lunch today-
Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Butter Dressing-
Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing.
- ½ Cup Purple Cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Carrot sticks ,thinly sliced.
- ⅓ Cup Raddish (optional),thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Boiled Edamame
- 1 Tbsp Green onion /Scallion
- ⅓ Cup Any colored pepper ,thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 Tsp Thai red chilies (chopped finely)
- ⅓ Cup Roasted Peanuts(crushed)
- 4 oz Boiled Noodles of your choice.
- Making of Peanut Sauce Dressing
- 2 Tbsp Peanut butter,chunky or creamy any thing .I like chunky better.
- 1 Clove Garlic ,chopped
- ½ Tsp Ginger ,chopped
- 1 Tsp Any chili sauce, I used my home made sauce.
- ½ Cup Orange juice /Pink grape fruit juice . I love both.
- 1 Tsp Honey
- ½ Tsp Thai red chilies(optional)
- 3 Tbsp Light soy sauce.
- 2 Drops Sesame oil (optional),not everyone likes it.
- 1 Tbsp Thai basil leaves
- Make Peanut sauce dressing by whisking all the written ingredients.Keep it aside.
- Boil and drain the Noodles and keep aside .If using Chicken or Fish grill them.
- Mix all the shredded/Chopped vegetables in a big salad bowl.
- Pour Salad dressing over the vegetables.Mix it .
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over it . Serve it in a bowl/plate.
- I am sure you will love this.