Have you ever made a slurping sound during eating? Well, today, I forgot all my manners during eating. These noodles were so inviting that I couldn’t control myself. Noodles are my weakness. Any type, any kind. If it tastes good, I will eat it.
Since we usually have homemade fresh thai red curry /green curry paste at home, we often try to infuse the flavours into different things. The aroma of freshly made paste is just beyond any descriptions. It’s just mind blowing.
While cooking I was salivating, and for the first time, I was not able to control myself for plating and pictures. Now I knew the pain of my family and why they complain so often.
For a long time, I wanted to make these Thai Red Curry noodles, but somehow, it never happened. So, today for my lunch, I made these for myself and enjoyed it to the core.
No need for Thai take out today. You can make these absolutely delicious, slurpy noodles in less than thirty minutes.
I am sure most of the ingredients is always available in the pantry and fridge. Packed with flavours these noodles are spicy, sweet, and have a bite to it.
When you eat this, it feels like a party of flavours in your mouth. Don’t hesitate- make this for your family and friends.
Thai Red Curry Noodles
- 6-8 oz Flat Rice Noodles(I did not have that so used Fettuccini noodles and it worked well)
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste(I have used home made but you can use store bought)
- 2 Tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp Sriracha/any chili paste/sauce
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 Cup Carrot cut into thin strips
- 1/3 Cup Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Scallions /green onion
- 1/4 Cup Basil leaves
- Boil Noodles till they are al dente /not mushy ,just perfect and have a little bite. Use little salt while boiling .
- Blanch Carrot ,and broccoli and keep in cold water.
- Take a wok /Pan
- Add oil to it .
- Add onion and Garlic .Fry it for 1 minute.
- Add red curry paste and sriracha/chilli paste to it . Fry it for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce and mix it well.
- Add brown sugar to it and mix it again .
- Add vegetables to it (other then basil leaves and green onion.
- Add coconut milk,and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add Noodles to it and mix basil ,leaves and green onion .
- If you want little curry keep it like this or cook it 1-2 minute to thicken the sauce.
- I don't use salt in recipes where I use soy sauce or other sauces ,since they have plenty of it .
- If you need it add just a little .
- Your red thai curry Noodles are ready .