Have you ever made a slurping sound during eating? Well, today, I forgot all my manners during eating. These noodles were so inviting that I couldn't control myself. Noodles are my weakness. Any type, any kind. If it tastes good, I will eat it.
Since we usually have homemade fresh Thai red curry /green curry paste at home, we often try to infuse the flavours into different things. The aroma of freshly made paste is just beyond any description. It's just mind-blowing.
While cooking I was salivating, and for the first time, I was not able to control myself for plating and pictures. Now I knew the pain of my family and why they complain so often.
For a long time, I wanted to make these Thai Red Curry noodles, but somehow, it never happened. So, today for my lunch, I made these for myself and enjoyed them to the core.
No need for Thai takes out today. You can make these absolutely delicious, slurpy noodles in less than thirty minutes.
I am sure most of the ingredients are always available in the pantry and fridge. Packed with flavours these noodles are spicy, sweet, and have a bite to them.
When you eat this, it feels like a party of flavours in your mouth. Don't hesitate- make this for your family and friends.
Thai Red Curry Noodles
- 6-8 oz Flat Rice Noodles(I did not have that so used Fettuccini noodles and it worked well)
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste(I have used home made but you can use store bought)
- 2 Tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Thick coconut milk
- 1 tsp Sriracha/any chili paste/sauce
- ¼ Cup finely chopped red onion
- ⅓ Cup Carrot cut into thin strips
- ⅓ Cup Broccoli
- ¼ Cup Scallions /green onion
- ¼ Cup Basil leaves
- Boil Noodles till they are al dente /not mushy ,just perfect and have a little bite. Use little salt while boiling .
- Blanch Carrot ,and broccoli and keep in cold water.
- Take a wok /Pan
- Add oil to it .
- Add onion and Garlic .Fry it for 1 minute.
- Add red curry paste and sriracha/chilli paste to it . Fry it for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce and mix it well.
- Add brown sugar to it and mix it again .
- Add vegetables to it (other then basil leaves and green onion.
- Add coconut milk,and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add Noodles to it and mix basil ,leaves and green onion .
- If you want little curry keep it like this or cook it 1-2 minute to thicken the sauce.
- I don't use salt in recipes where I use soy sauce or other sauces ,since they have plenty of it .
- If you need it add just a little .
- Your red thai curry Noodles are ready .