Homemade basil pesto for a quick pasta, sandwich spread, or roasted vegetables. A perfect way to use the fresh bounty of summer. It freezes well and creates a flavorful, perfect meal every time. This is a 15-minute recipe with a handful of ingredients.
Do you love fresh basil pesto? I love it so much. Every summer, we make it a point to grow lots of fresh herbs in our backyard. Basil is one of those aromatic herbs which makes our kitchen garden look vibrant and aromatic.
I make basil pesto in soup, curries, sandwiches, and whatnot. I love the fragrance of this insanely appealing herb.
My kids love basil pesto pasta and prefer that over any other pasta sauce. However, I make several types like Sun-dried Tomato & Spinach Pasta, Garlic Tomato-Cream Pasta, Lemon Basil Pesto Pasta, and others.
What Is Pesto?
Pesto is an Italian term for making things by pounding. Traditionally, pesto is made using a mortar and pestle. It always gives the perfect texture. Basil pesto is made using fresh basil leaves.
How To Freeze Pesto-
Freeze pesto in small ziplock bags or small airtight freezer-safe containers. Do not mix the cheese. You can freeze that in ice trays as well.
- Air Fryer Batata Harra
- Makhana Kheer/ Foxnut Pudding
- Air Fryer Lasooni Bhindi
- Rigatoni Tomato Cream Pasta
- Vegetables in Paprika Cream Sauce
Homemade Basil Pesto
- 2 Cups Packed Italian Basil
- ⅓ Cups Walnuts /Pine Nuts
- 2 Small Garlic Cloves
- ⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
For Non- Vegan(Vegetarian pesto)
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a food processor combine everything together and pulse until combined.
- Remove everything into a bowl or jar and drizzle some more olive oil on top.
- Use whenever you want .
Leave a Reply