Perfectly roasted juicy vegetables combined with a tangy dressing, this air fryer grilled vegetable orzo salad is a bowlful of summer shine. It's fresh, healthy, and totally delicious.
This Air Fryer Grilled Vegetable Orzo Salad is a perfect side to go with any main meal or to have alone with a glass of wine.
What Are the Ingredients?
I have used orzo, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, yellow peppers, red onion, fresh basil leaves, fresh chili peppers, a bunch of spring mix, and vegan (or any other) mozzarella cheese.
I made a delicious dressing by whisking dijon mustard, olive oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and a little bit of maple syrup.
What is Orzo?
Orzo is a rice shaped pasta. Cook orzo till al dente according to the package instructions. Before using it in the salad, run the boiled orzo under running cold water. Drain it completely and then use it.
Why Air Frying Grilled Vegetables?
Air frying is quicker than baking. It doesn't heat the whole house in the summer months. In addition, air frying is so much more convenient for small quantities.
However, you can always bake, grill, or pan-fry the vegetables.
How Long Can You Store This Orzo Salad?
You can keep them for up to 3-4 days in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Temperature Used For Grilling In The Air Fryer-
370 F for 6-7 minutes is more than enough. Your time can vary depending on your air fryer and the quantity of vegetables.
You May Also Want To Check Out A Few Of My Other Salad Recipes-
Instead of mozzarella, you can use goat cheese or feta cheese.
You can use any of your favourite vegetables for grilling.
If you do not have cherry tomatoes, use grape tomatoes or chopped vine-ripe tomatoes in your salad.
You can use mint leaves instead of basil leaves.
Air Fryer Grilled Vegetable Orzo Salad
- 1 Cup Uncooked Orzo
- 1 Cup Mozarella pieces
- 1 Cup Cherry tomato
- ½ Cup Yellow pepper sliced
- ½ Cup Red Pepper Sliced
- ½ Cup Red Onion Sliced
- 1 Small Banana peppers, Chopped
- ½ Cup Spring Mix/Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Medium Lime juice
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ Tsp Maple syrup
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Tsp Minced Garlic
- Cook orzo according to your package instruction.
- Cool the cooked orzo by running it under cold water. Drain properly.
- Pre heat the air fryer on 370 f.
- Mix tomato ,peppers ,onion and salt .Grill them in the air fryer till they look charred and perfect.
- Whisk everything required to make the dressing.
- Mix orzo ,grilled vegetable ,Mozarella and spring mix together.
- Drizzle the tangy dressing over the salad.
- Serve the orzo salad and enjoy.