Sharing is caring!!
Easy mushroom masala curry for mushroom lovers.Spicy, tangy and delicious. This mushroom masala is finger-licking. Pair with hot naan, and this will be just mindblowing. Start to finish takes around 20 minutes of your time. Great for lunch boxes and meal plans.
If you are a mushroom lover like me, I bet you always search for delicious and quick recipes. I make Crispy Chili Garlic Mushroom, Vegan Mushroom Soup, mAir Fryer Stuffed Mushroom. However, Indian mushroom curries, whether Mushroom Peas Curry or Mushroom Tikka Masala, are lovely. My family loves Tandoori Mushroom Tikka. My ultimate favorite is Mushroom Fried Rice. Try all these recipes for the maximum mushroom deliciousness.
Why do I love this mushroom curry?
It is simple, easy, and takes very little time.
Effortless in creating that restaurant-style flavor.
Uses very few ingredients.
It can be used as a party food or for company.
Button Mushroom-Super fresh button mushrooms are the best.
Aromatics-Onion, Ginger garlic paste.
Spices- Turmeric powder, salt, Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder. Cumin Seeds.
Yogurt and Cream - According to your preference, you can use vegan yogurt, and thick coconut milk as a substitute for cream.
Neutral cooking oil of your choice.
What to serve with this?
Any type of Indian bread, such as naan, paratha, roti, or kulcha, will be great with this dish. You can also serve rice with the mushroom masala curry. It could be jeera rice, pulao, or just plain rice.
Easy Mushroom Masala Curry
- 8 0z Button Mushroom
- 2+2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1.5 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Cream
- 1 Tsp Kasoori Methi leaves crushed
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Wash the whole mushrooms under running tap water.
- Dry them with the help of a paper towel.
- Chop one mushroom into 4 four parts.
- Take a pan. Heat two tbsp of oil in it.
- Saute all the mushrooms till they look golden in color and look less in quantity.
- When they are done ,put them in a plate or bowl.
- Now heat two tbsp of oil again.
- Add chopped onion and saute till they look translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and stir till the raw smell is gone .If you think they are sticking to the bottom of the pan ,add one tbsp of water to de- glaze.
- Add turmeric powder,salt,red chili powder and coriander powder to the pan .Stir and add tomato paste to it.
- Saute for one minute and add whisked yogurt to the pan .Add two to three ice cubes at this moment to lower the cooking temp.Stir everthing continously otherwise yogurt will curdle.Ice helps prevent curdling.
- Add Kasoori methi/dry fenugreek leaves to the pan.Mix everything and cook till oil is released.That means your curry is ready . If oil has not been released yet ,that means your curry is not ready.
- Once the curry is ready add the cream ,mix everything once and cook for another minute.
- Taste the curry to check the salt and chili powder.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy with bread or rice.