Sharing is caring!!!
Mushroom Fried Rice. Asian flavors inspired this Indo-Chinese Mushroom Fried Rice is made by combining the flavors of mushroom, garlic, ginger, chilies, soy sauce, and scallions. This is the perfect umami-flavored rice for any time or occasion. Vegan and plant-based.
Mushroom fried rice is one of the easiest and most flavorful Asian-inspired rice dishes. It tastes delicious and can be prepared in a few minutes. Its flavor profile is fantastic, and it looks pretty delicious.
How do you Make Mushroom Fried Rice?
This is the best use of your leftover rice. Any type of Indo-Chinese rice is suitable for using any leftover rice you might have. If you don't have any leftover rice available, don't worry.
Cook some rice and spread it on a wide plate/platter. Then keep the rice on a counter for 20-30 minutes, and you are good to go. This step is necessary to avoid the natural stickiness of the rice.
Mushrooms are the hero of this dish, and green bell peppers play the supporting role. Chopped garlic, ginger, and chopped onion are also used here.
Combining soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes with the aforementioned ingredients creates the perfect umami.
Can I store Mushroom Fried Rice?
Absolutely. You can store it in the fridge for 2-3 days. Just reheat it before serving and enjoy your meal. You can freeze this fried rice in a freezer-safe container for up to one month. Cool it to room temperature before storing it.
They are suitable for school/office lunch boxes as well. I love making this dish for a road trip or picnic. You can make them a day before travel and have a filling and flavorful meal ready. Better then any takeout, this dish is loved by kids and elders.
What Type of Rice is Needed for This Recipe?
I use basmati rice for this recipe but if you have Jasmine rice lying around in some corner, use that. You don't have to buy basmati rice for this. Brown rice is also an option to use from a more nutritional point of view.
What Variations Are There For Mushroom Fried Rice?
You can make this Non-vegetarian by using egg, chicken, or shrimp in addition to the mushroom or as a replacement.
Use tofu as a vegetarian protein and make Tofu and Mushroom fried rice.
Another option is to use lots of vegetables to make vegetable fried rice.
You May Want To Check Out These Other Asian Flavored Dishes
Mushroom Fried Rice
- 3 Cups Cooked White Rice
- 8 Oz Sliced Button Mushroom/Baby Bella Mushroom
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- ½ Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- ¼ Cup Chopped Green Onion
- ½ Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tsp Ginger garlic Paste
- ½ Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Oil of your choice
- Take a wok/Pan. Heat it .
- Add oil to it. When its hot add chopped garlic ,ginger and onion to it.
- Saute for 1 minute on high heat ,till it looks light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste to it .Saute for 1minute again.
- Add mushroom to it .Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add green peppers to it .Stir it once.
- Add soy sauce ,red pepper flakes and vinegar to the pan .Mix everything together and let it cook for 30 seconds.
- Add rice and stir it nicely .Make sure everything is mixed nicely.
- Add green onion to it .Add salt according to your taste .You probable wont need much .Add just a little ,since we are using soy sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy.