This Air Fryer orange cauliflower is the vegan version of orange chicken, a popular takeout dish. The tangy, sticky sauce makes this appetizer quite addictive and fabulous. Although it is traditionally deep-fried, this cauliflower dish can also be baked or air fried.
Have you ever tried vegan orange cauliflower? Well, if not, I will insist you do this as soon as possible. It's fun to make and delicious to eat. This dish is kid-approved and a crowd-pleaser. In addition, this orange cauliflower takes less than 30 minutes to make.
My family loves cauliflower. As a vegetarian, I try to replicate the dishes served at restaurants, and cauliflower is quite popular as a chicken replacement. All takeout non-veg dishes can be converted into vegan dishes by using cauliflower.
I love to make Whole Roasted Cauliflower, Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower, or Air Fried Cauliflower Manchurian most of the time. This cauliflower dish is also a favorite of my kids. It is mild, tangy, and delicious. I like to make it again and again for them. I am sure that after you try it, you will make it several times.
What is Orange Cauliflower?
It is the vegan version of orange chicken. It is one of the most famous takeout dishes. Air-fried/deep-fried/baked crispy cauliflower chunks/florets are coated with tangy, spicy, sweet, and luscious sauce. It's delicious and tastes better than any takeout.
How to Make this-
After washing and cutting the cauliflower florets, dip them in a flour batter spice batter. Bake, air fry, or deep fry them till they look golden and crispy. Once the cauliflower is done, coat them with the beautiful, tangy-sweet sauce.
This cauliflower is saucy, juicy, tender, and has a bite all at the same time. Serve this as a bowl meal or with rice or noodle- it's delicious any time.
Can You Make Orange Cauliflower Gluten-Free?
Of course, make a batter of almond flour and rice flour. Almond flour is used in place of all-purpose flour. The desired crispness comes with the rice flour so that the taste will be the same.
- 1 Small Cauliflower head(Remove the florets)
- ½ Cup All-Purpose flour/Almond flour
- ¼ Cup Rice flour
- 1 Cup (or less) Water- add slowly to make a thick pancake type batter
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
For Orange Sauce
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- ½ Tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ Tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tsp Rice Vnegar
- 1 Tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Scallion
- Combine all the ingredients for batter. It shouldn't be too thin or thick. Check for a pancake batter type consistency.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the batter. Then line them on the air fryer and air fry them in a heated air fryer for 10 -12 minutes or till golden and crispy.
- Temp should be 380 F. Check in-between so that the cauliflower doesn't burn.
- Your time can increase or decrease depending on the size of the florets.
- If you want to deep fry, go ahead!
- Place the air-fried/deep-fried cauliflower on a paper-lined plate.
Making of Sauce-
- Mix everything written under sauce except corn starch and water and heat it on the gas stove.
- After it cooks for 30 seconds, add water mixed with corn starch. If it looks quite thick, add a little bit/2 tbsp of water.
- Taste it once after it cooks on slow flame for 1 minute. If you want to adjust seasoning, please go ahead and do it.
- Add all the deep-fried/air-fried cauliflower into the pan and mix it with the sauce.
- Make sure each floret is coated with this orange sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and scallion.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
Sharing is caring!!! Easy 15 minutes, Jeera Aloo. Simple, and it takes only a few staple ingredients. Great side for any meal or perfect as an appetizer. Delicious without being overly spicy. Vegan and kid-approved. Are you a potato lover? Then this recipe of Jeera Aloo is for you, and if you are not, you…
Easy Hot & Sour Dumpling
Sharing is caring!!!! Easy hot & sour dumpling. 15 Minutes recipe for a comforting, quick, and delicious vegetarian meal.Very simple to put together and tastes just incredible. Vegan. What we love about this easy hot & sour dumpling, Relatively easy to put together. It uses store-bought dumplings too. It is comforting to the core. It…
Instant Pot Chana Dal
Sharing is caring!!! Instant Pot Chana Dal. Hearty, comforting, and nutritious, this chana dal is cooked home-style. Bengal gram lentil is cooked with tomato, onion, ginger, garlic, fresh chilies, and spices. An aromatic tempering of garlic and chili powder makes this lentil dish finger-licking. Why we love this recipe, It's pretty comforting and filling- If…
Leave a Reply