Crispy and perfectly spiced, these Air Fryer Cajun cauliflower steak with Avocado Sauce are the ultimate Dinner we can have. Drizzling cherry tomatoes in garlic olive oil takes this dish to another level. Perfect for any dinner date, this Cajun Cauliflower Steak with Avocado Sauce is vegan and super easy to make.
These cajun roasted cauliflower steaks are:
The perfect side to serve with your protein,
Can be served as a main dish with some salad,
Can be converted into a date night meal from a simple weeknight dinner,
Easily baked, grilled, or pan-fried besides having the air-fried option, and
Look so pretty that you may want to serve this to your guests.
How to Serve the Air Fryer Cajun Cauliflower Steak with Avocado sauce
I love to serve them with turmeric and lemon couscous. A drizzle of any kind of sauce or garlic oil makes this dish heavenly.
Serve this with avocado yogurt sauce and this will be delish.
You can serve it with cilantro mint sauce or chimichurri sauce. I love how the taste is elevated after the addition of some sauce or salad.
How to Make this Cajun Roasted Cauliflower Steak-
Slice cauliflower into steaks. (do not make very thick or thin steak.)
Preheat air fryer to 380 F.
In a bowl mix some all-purpose flour and almond milk /milk of your choice. Whisk it to form a batter a little thinner than pancake batter. Do not make the batter very thin.
Mix panko bread crumbs with some cajun spice and keep it on a plate.
Preheat the air fryer to 380 f for 2 minutes.
Dip cauliflower steak into all-purpose flour batter.
Coat the drenched cauliflower steak with panko crumbs.
Spray oil on the sides of cauliflower steak.
Air fry them on 380 f for 10-11 minutes, till they are crispy and golden. Your time can be less than 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the steak.
I kept mine a little thick as it retains the shape better.
Turn it over in between.
Serve them with some avocado sauce.
How to Make Avocado Yoghurt Sauce-
Blend avocado, vegan yogurt or sour cream, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, lemon, and salt to make a luscious, creamy herb sauce. This sauce takes this to another level and is delectable for sure.
You May Also Want to Check Out Other Cauliflower Recipes-
Air Fryer Cajun Cauliflower Steak With Avocado Sauce
- 2 Sliced Cauliflower Steak from a small cauliflower ,
- ½ Cup Almond Milk
- 3 Tbsp All purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Cajun Spice
- Oil For spraying on cauliflower and air fryer .
For avocado cilantro sauce
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- ½ Cup Cilantro leaves
- 1 Tsp Jalepeno
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Salt According to the taste
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Water (optional)
- Cut your head of cauliflower into steaks .I have used a compact small /medium cauliflower .I got 2 intact beautiful steaks .
- Whisk almond milk /any non -dairy milk /milk of your choice and all- purpose flour.Prepare a lump free smooth batter . It should feel like a pancake batter.If you need to use more flour /milk, use a little more.
- Mix panko and cajun spice in a seperate bowl .
- Pre heat the air fryer to 380 f .
- Spray the grill with some oil to prevent sticking .
- Now dip cauliflower steak first into all- purpose flour batter and later coat with panko bread crumbs.
- Spray with some oil spray and air fry them in the air fryer for about 10 -11 minutes.
- Your time can vary according to the size and thickness of your cauliflower.
- You can air fry one or two steaks at a time depending on the size of your air fryer .
- Make the avocado sauce by combining everything written under the sauce ingredients.
- Serve steaks with sauce and some cherry tomato garlic oil or salad of your choice.