Veg spring rolls are crispy, crunchy, and really delicious. This indo-chinese appetizer is the perfect appetizer or snack to have with tea, coffee, or any drink. It is ideal for game day snacks or get-togethers, they're loved by everyone.
Traditional Veg Spring rolls are made with store-bought pastry sheets. Making these sheets at home is also perfectly doable. I prefer store-bought sheets because of their perfect texture. I prefer to air fry or bake this traditional deep-fried snack. The less frying involved in cooking, the better.
I've been a big fan of spring rolls since I was a child. These crispy crunchy rolls made my siblings' (and my own) mouth water every time we went to some Indochinese restaurant.
Veg Spring rolls tastes delicious with Veg Hakka Noodles, Paneer in Hot Garlic Sauce, and Veg Fried Rice. I love how flaky the shell of the spring roll is and how crunchy it sounds when I take a bite of it.
Making Veg spring rolls is super easy and doesn't involve many ingredients. Cabbage, carrot, and spring onion stir fry are filled in the spring roll sheets. Remove the pastry sheets from the package wrap them into the desired shape and bam your spring roll is ready to fry/air fry/bake.
There are several variations of these veg spring rolls. You can use paneer, chicken, eggs, or anything else that you fancy. Remember to brush the spring rolls with some oil before you air fry or bake them.
Many people ask me about the texture of these spring rolls and how air-fried spring rolls compare to deep-fried spring rolls. However, you can't really compare them. They feel crispy and crunchy but sometimes their appearance is not picture perfect.
Sometimes I prefer to indulge and that's when I deep fry my spring rolls. However, if I can cut down a little oil by air frying spring rolls, that's more than wonderful.
How to make Veg Spring Rolls?
First chop the vegetables like cabbage, carrot, beans, green bell peppers, and spring onions. Chop them very finely.
Make a stir fry using all these vegetables along with ginger, garlic, and green chillies.
Fold the spring rolls with the filling inside.
Brush them with oil and air fry, deep fry, or bake them. You can decide how crispy and crunchy you want them according to your taste.
Veg Spring Roll
- 12 Spring roll sheets
- 2 Cups Chopped Cabbage
- 1 Cup Grated Cabbage
- ½ Cup Chopped Green Beans
- ¼ Cup Spring onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tsp Chopped Green Chilli(Optional)
- 1 Tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Green Chilli Sauce/Red chilli sauce
- ½ Tsp Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt According to the taste
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose flour
- ¼ Cup Water
- Oil for deep frying/air frying and stir frying the vegetables.
- Chop all the vegetables, wash them and drain.
- Take a pan/wok. Add 1 tbsp of oil to it.
- Add garlic, ginger, and green chilli. Stir it once. Cook it on high flame.
- Add all the vegetables to the wok and stir it once. You don't have to cook them until they're mushy. Keep them a little crunchy.
- Add salt, pepper, and all the sauces to the the vegetable and saute it once. Mix in spring onions and put it all in a bowl or plate.
- Take out one spring roll sheet and place it on a flat surface.
- Mix all purpose flour and water to make a nice batter. The batter should be thick.
- Brush this all purpose batter on the spring roll sheet from all corners.
- Place the filling in one corner of the sheet and then fold the sheet according to the pics shown above.
- Keep all the rolled spring rolls in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Deep fry them on low/medium flame until they look crispy.
- For air frying, brush the rolls with a little oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 f.
- Air fry spring rolls on 370 f for 5-6 minutes. With the help of a tong change the sides and air fry again for 3-4 minute or until they look crispy .
- Your time can vary a little depending on your air fryer.
- Serve with any dip of your choice.