These air fried potato and peas stuffed masala bread rolls are addictive. Super easy and super delicious, these stuffed potato bread rolls are great for lunch boxes and snacks. Vegan and air fried these rolls are healthy versions of traditional deep-fried ones.
Raise your hand if you love spicy potato masala stuffed bread rolls? Well, I do.
When you first bite into it, the crisp texture of the outer layer and creamy spicy potato stuffing takes you on a delicious journey that makes you crave for more.
One of the most famous Indian snacks or appetizers made of bread, these potato stuffed bread rolls are quite filling and are a meal by themselves. Serve them with some salad or dip/chutney and you will love it.
Growing up, we used to have bread rolls quite often as a snack. My sister and I both used to make this when we were teenagers. Obviously, she was the pro (read; pro at that time). It was her speciality. In fact, she still takes it with pride that her bread rolls are the best.
Later on, we reduced our frequency because it was a dish that needed to be deep-fried and we were trying to avoid those deep-fried oily snacks.
But times have changed...
Air Fryer Snacks Are the Best-
The air fryer revolution made it possible for everyone to avoid deep-fried items and to have their favourite food or snacks without having a ton of oil.
Today, after a long time, I have made them. I enjoyed them with a cup of hot coffee. It was just delish. All thanks to my air fryer we are relishing all the lovely goodies.
So folks, if you're reading this, you must be the proud owners of an air fryer and if you are thinking about getting it, you should hurry, because you are missing an incredible food journey with less oil or no oil.
What Ingredients are Needed for Bread Rolls?
Easily available pantry staples and refrigerator staples-
Bread- After a lot of experiments, I've seen that white bread makes this bread roll amazingly crispy. Buy the most inexpensive bread and use that. However, if you are still not convinced about that you can use bread of your choice. It won't be super crispy and crunchy though.
Potato- I love to use Yukon gold potatoes for any type of mashed potato recipe. Those potatoes are more creamy and easy to handle.
Green Peas- Frozen green peas are best for this recipe. If you are using fresh peas then first boil them.
Green Chilies- Green chillies are the soul of any Indian cuisine.
Ginger- Grated fresh ginger brings out an amazing flavour.
Lemon Juice- Brings out a freshness.
Red Chili Powder- If you don't have any at home, use paprika or cayenne pepper.
One tbsp of oil for brushing the bread roll. You can make this oil-free.
Fresh cilantro for garnish.
You may want to Check these air fryer recipes,
Stuffed Potato Bread Rolls
- 2 Large Boiled Potato
- 6 slices White Bread
- 1 Tbsp Frozen Green peas
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Small Green Chili chopped(optional)
- ½ Tsp Red Chili Powder(Optional)
- 1 Tsp Lime/lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Fresh chopped cilantro
- ½ Tsp Chat Masala
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt, a very small pinch after tasting the potato mix.
- 1 Tbsp Oil for brushing the bread rolls
- Peel and grate the potatoes. You can use a masher or even your palms for doing that. However, I prefer to grate them for that smooth texture.
- Add all the spice mix like garam masala, chat masala, red chilli powder, and a little bit of salt.
- Mix chopped cilantro, green chilli, green peas, and roasted peanuts to the potato mix.
- Combine everything together and do a taste check. If you need to add something, add now.
- Take a portion of the mixture make a small round ball and keep it aside.
- Slice off the side crust of bread.
- Take one bread slice and sprinkle a few drops of water on that.
- That makes it soft for rolling.
- Roll it with a rolling pin.
- Place the prepared ball and close the bread from all sides.
- Make sure all the parts are sealed.
- Make all the bread rolls like this and place them on a plate.
- Keep the plate in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 380 f and place the bread rolls in it for air frying.
- Air fry them till they look crispy to your liking. Depending on the size of your rolls it will take around 8-12 minutes.
- Don't forget to check after 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve with tomato ketchup or dip.
Leave a Reply