Sharing is caring!!!
Chili Cheese Hasselback potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Cooking them in the air fryer makes them easy to manage and takes little time. In addition, chili cheese Hasselback potato is a super delicious snack anytime.
This chili cheese Hasselback potato is crispy on the outside and fluffy and gooey on the inside. The melted cheese and red pepper flakes take this simple Hasselback potato to another level. Serve it as an appetizer or an after-school snack, and they will impress you with each bite.
Kid-approved and a crowd-pleaser, these potatoes are the perfect game-day snack or fun food for kids' birthday parties.
Air fryer snacks or appetizers are a blessing when you are short on time or suddenly company is over. They need no preparation; most of all, it takes less than half the time an oven takes.
My Popular Air Fryer Recipes,
All love potatoes, and like everyone, my family likes to eat different snacks and appetizers. Their favorite is Air fried Spicy Potato Wedges, but I like a milder version: Air Fryer Herb Roasted Potatoes.
They won't let you stop at one bite, that is for sure. So this time, I tried chili cheese Hasselback potatoes in the air fryer, and let me tell you, the outcome was better than baking in the oven.
How to Cut the Perfect Hasselback Potatoes-
I do it using a sharp knife and two chopsticks. Place the chopsticks on either side of the potatoes to stop your knife from going down and cutting the whole potato. This is always helpful for people; however, nowadays, we have a quite beneficial gadget.
Whatever means you use, clean the potatoes first and wipe them dry with a paper towel.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes?
It needs only a handful of ingredients, readily available in most pantries and fridges.
Potato- Russet potatoes are typically used in Hasselback potatoes, but I love to make them with Yukon gold. The creamy deliciousness inside and not-so-tough skin outside make this the best for this recipe.
Cheese- Use any type of shredded cheese, vegan or non-vegan, depending on your taste and choice. I have used a Mexican blend of cheese that gives the perfect bite.
Red Pepper Flakes- I like my potatoes with a little hint of spice. I have used a little bit of that to bring out the flavors. If you don't want that, then it's okay. Just skip that.
Olive Oil- A sprinkle of olive oil makes it grill nicely in the air fryer.
Salt and Crushed Pepper- A sprinkle of salt and pepper makes things better. Since we are using lots of cheese, use salt judiciously.
Red Chili Powder/Paprika-Gives a perfect amount of heat, however optional.
Chili Cheese Hasselback Potato
- 4 Small/medium Yukon gold /russet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Red pepper flakes
- ½ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1-1.5 Cup Shredded cheese of your choice
- Chives or scallion for garnish
- 1 Tsp Paprika /red Chili Powder(optional)
- Wash and dry the potatoes. If needed, scrub them.
- Using a spoon/chopstick for help, thinly slice the potato leaving 1-1.5 inch gap from the bottom.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the potatoes and pre heat the air fryer for 2 minutes.
- Place potatoes in the bottom basket of your air fryer. My air fryer is small so I only could do 4 at a time.
- Cook/air fry them at 370 f for 15 minutes. Remove them after it looks a little crispy.
- Mix shredded cheese,red chili powder/paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Fill this cheese mixture into the slit of the potatoes. Don't break them.
- Top them off with some cheese as well.
- Cook them again at 360 for 4-5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Garnish with some chives and enjoy.