Chili Cheese Hasselback potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Cooking them in the air fryer makes it really easy to manage and takes very little time. In addition, chilli cheese Hasselback potato is a super delicious snack to have any time.
This chilli cheese Hasselback potato is crispy from the outside and fluffy and gooey from the inside. The melted cheese and red pepper flakes take this simple Hasselback potato to another level. Serve it as an appetizer, snack, or an after school snack, they will impress you with each and every bite.
Kid-approved and a crowd-pleaser, these potatoes are the perfect game day snack or fun food for kids birthday parties.
Air fryer snacks or appetizers are a blessing when you are short for time or sudden company is over. They need absolutely no preparation and most of all it takes less than half the amount of time an oven takes.
Potatoes are loved by all, and like everyone, my family likes to eat different snacks and appetizers. Their most favourite is Air fried Spicy Potato Wedges, but I like a little milder version, which is Air Fryer Herb Roasted Potatoes. They won't let you stop at one bite, that is for sure. So this time I tried chilli cheese Hasselback potatoes in the air fryer and let me tell you, the outcome was better than baking done in the oven.
How to Cut the Perfect Hasselback Potatoes-
I do it using a sharp knife and two chopsticks. Place the chopsticks on either side of the potatoes to stop your knife from going down and cutting the whole potato. This is always helpful for people, however, nowadays we have a gadget which is quite helpful in doing that.
Whatever means you use, make sure you clean the potatoes first and wipe them dry with a paper towel.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes?
It needs only a handful of ingredients, easily available in most pantries and fridges.
Potato- Russet potatoes are normally used in making Hasselback potatoes but I love to make them with Yukon gold. The creamy deliciousness inside and not so tough skin outside makes this the best for this recipe.
Cheese- Use any type of shredded cheese, vegan or non-vegan, depending on your taste and choice. I have used a Mexican blend of cheese and it gives the perfect taste.
Red Pepper Flakes- I like my potatoes with a little hint of spice. I have used a little bit of that to bring out the flavours. If you don't want that then it's perfectly fine. Just skip that.
Olive Oil- A sprinkle of olive oil makes it grill nicely in the air fryer.
Salt and Crushed Pepper- A sprinkle of salt and pepper makes things better. Since we are using lots of cheese, use salt judiciously.
Red Chili Powder/Paprika-Gives a perfect amount of heat however optional.
Chili Cheese Hasselback Potato
- 4 Small/medium Yukon gold /russet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Red pepper flakes
- ½ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1-1.5 Cup Shredded cheese of your choice
- Chives or scallion for garnish
- 1 Tsp Paprika /red Chili Powder(optional)
- Wash and dry the potatoes. If needed, scrub them.
- Using a spoon/chopstick for help, thinly slice the potato leaving 1-1.5 inch gap from the bottom.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the potatoes and pre heat the air fryer for 2 minutes.
- Place potatoes in the bottom basket of your air fryer. My air fryer is small so I only could do 4 at a time.
- Cook/air fry them at 370 f for 15 minutes. Remove them after it looks a little crispy.
- Mix shredded cheese,red chili powder/paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Fill this cheese mixture into the slit of the potatoes. Don't break them.
- Top them off with some cheese as well.
- Cook them again at 360 for 4-5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Garnish with some chives and enjoy.