One of the easiest pasta dishes, this spaghetti Aglio e olio uses less than 20 minutes of your time. In addition, it uses just around 6 easily available ingredients.
This pasta dish can be easily converted into a vegan and gluten-free dish if required. Suitable for busy weeknights, as well as school/office lunch boxes. Kid-approved and beginner cook-friendly.
Many times I reach a roadblock when deciding about dinner or a quick lunch, and this delicious pasta dish comes to my rescue.
Start to finish, it takes less than 20 minutes and really is easy.
These recipes are really delicious and easy to make.
This very basic Italian pasta dish is easy to make, hence apt for cooks who are just learning to cook. The secret of this dish lies in garlic and good-quality olive oil.
I have made the classic version and not used the cheese, but you can certainly use it.
What Ingredients Are Used for Spaghetti Aglio e Olio?
Whole Wheat Spaghetti- I have used this, however, you can most certainly use any type of spaghetti.
Olive Oil- Any good quality olive oil. The fruity flavor and taste of olive oil give this dish a beautiful depth of flavor.
Garlic Cloves- If you are a garlic lover like me, use tons of garlic. Garlic makes everything taste better. You may or may not agree with me, but here garlic makes all the difference. The simplicity of this dish shines with its key ingredients.
Kosher Salt- This is a much-needed ingredient for any dish you make.
Parsley and parmesan cheese are optional.
Fresh basil leaves for garnish.
Things to Keep in Mind While Making Aglio e Olio-
Always boil pasta in salted water. Seasoning is really really important. Boil till al dente or until they have a bite in them.
Keep an eye on garlic when cooking in olive oil. We need to just cook it till they are soft and plump.
Do not let them burn since they easily burn in hot oil and release a bitter flavor.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- 8 Oz Thick Spaghetti
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 8-10 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Basil /parsley for Garnish
- Salt for Boiling the Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt for proper seasoning of pasta.
- Boil pasta till al dente. Check with your teeth for a bite.
- Reserve ½ cup of pasta water and drain the pasta. Keep it in a plate on the counter.
- Chop all the garlic and keep everything ready.
- Take a pan and heat the oil.
- Add garlic to it (on low medium flame ). Cook till they look golden brown; do not let them burn.
- Add the cooked pasta, red pepper flakes, and reserved pasta water. Stir well to combine with water. Starch will help in that.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley or basil leaves.