Cauliflower Scramble. Vegan, curried cauliflower scramble with a finger-licking taste. Your perfect lazy weekend brunch or a quick dinner on busy nights, this cauliflower scramble makes you crave for more.
If you love cauliflower and always search for creative ideas for making it, then this recipe is for you. It's easy to put together, quite filling, nutritious, and a bonus point is that kids love it.
I am quite sure that if you are vegan or vegetarian you have fresh cauliflower lying somewhere in the fridge. Folks, this is the time to put your kitchen act together and surprise everyone at home with your creative cooking skills.
How to Prep for the Cauliflower Scramble-
After washing the cauliflower under running tap water, dry it off with a paper towel. Depending on your choice, either grate it with a handheld grater or do it in the food processor. I don't have a particular choice for it, it depends totally on my energy level that particular day. If I am not in the mood of cleaning each part of the food processor I simply grate it with my hands.
Can You Use Store-Bought Frozen Cauliflower?
Frankly, I am all for fresh cauliflower. That gives the best texture, taste and takes less time. However, for some reason, if you are not able to get it or it's not available in your area, you may use it. In that case, I will suggest you defrost it and drain all the water by squeezing in a cheesecloth, in order to make sure it has no water before making it.
What Are Some Creative Ways to Serve Cauliflower Scramble?
I love to serve them topped on a piece of buttered toast, but you can use this in several ways.
Use them as a sandwich filing, as they make great vegan sandwiches. They are hearty and delicious.
If you have some extra lying in the fridge, and you are in the mood for a stuffed paratha, fill them up with this stuffing, and bam, you are good to go!
Stuff colored peppers or zucchini boats with this, top with some vegan cheese, and bake. Your amazing, complete meal is ready to serve!
You May Also Want to Check Out These Cauliflower Recipes-
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Homemade Mini Shells
Air Fried Cauliflower Manchurian
- 3 Cups Grated fresh Cauliflower
- 1 Medium Diced onion
- 3 Big Cloves Chopped Garlic
- ½ Tbsp Garated Ginger
- ½ Tsp Green Chili ,Chopped
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Cup Finely chopped colored mixed peppers
- 1 Small Chopped tomato,Remove the seeds.
- ½ Tsp Black Salt
- ½ Tsp Chat Masala /Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1.5 Tbsp oil of your choice
- Take a pan .Add oil to it .Heat the oil.
- Once hot add chopped garlic and green chili to it.Saute for 30 seconds.
- Next add chopped onion and ginger to it .Saute it till the onion looks soft . Add chopped tomato,chopped peppers and stir once again .Let it cook for 1 minute on medium flame.
- Once the onion and tomatoes are cooked enough add red chili powder,turmeric powder, Chat masala and black salt .
- Saute till all the spices are cooked through and makes a mushy paste with onion and tomato. That will take around 2 minutes.
- Now add grated cauliflower to the pan and mix with the spices.Cook the cauliflower and spice mix till it looks tender and properly mixed.
- Taste the seasoning .Add anything you need and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with toasted bread oreat just like that.
Leave a Reply