Strawberry Chia Seeds Jam. This recipe is for a 20-minute Strawberry Chia Seeds Jam without any sugar or preservatives. It's easy, delicious and kid-approved. In addition, you just need 4 ingredients to make this strawberry jam. Furthermore, it is a healthy alternative to store-bought jams or compotes.
I love how easy and delicious this jam is and frankly I love all easy recipes. So as per usual, while roaming around at our local farmers market, I saw this huge pile of farm-fresh strawberries. They were really juicy and sweet, and the price was also really reasonable; let me tell you something, I am a sucker for a good deal. So, I bought it in a large quantity and totally ignored the fact that it was not possible to finish this quantity.
Do you love compotes or jams? I do. I love all the sweet compotes or jam which are just delicious and made with lovely whole fruit. It is amazing how not adding white sugar in the jam makes it all the more tempting. It brings out the natural sweetness of strawberry and chia seeds in the jam/compote.
What Ingredients Are Need for Strawberry Chia Seeds Jam?
There are only four ingredients that are needed for this jam.
Firstly, Strawberry- Fresh or frozen, any type of berry will work in this recipe, but I love the jam made from fresh strawberry. It gives a wonderfully delicious taste without all those preservatives.
Chia Seeds- Chia seeds are a superfood and just like strawberries, they have an abundance of antioxidants in them. Eating them daily helps to maintain our health as well. I have not soaked them in anything before using them as we will use them directly without soaking in the prepared jam.
Honey/Sugar- I have used honey since I wanted to cut our sugar intake, however, you can always use sugar.
Lemon Juice- Lemon juice gives a wonderful tangy taste to this jam.
What Can You Serve With Strawberry Chia Seeds Jam?
Use this jam as a spread on your morning toast or waffle, or use it in a granola parfait. I love to use it in my Greek yoghurt or even with some saltine crackers.
This jam is a super delicious and wonderful alternative to store-bought jam. Store it in your fridge, and you don't even need to can this. Make it in a small quantity, use for one week and enjoy the deliciousness.
You May Also Want to Check Out These Recipes-
Strawberry Chia Seeds Jam
- 3 Cups Strawberry
- 2 Tbsp chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Honey /Sugar(Optional) You can increase or reuce the quantity.
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add strawberries to it .I have kept the straw berries in two pieces only .
- As the strawberries become softer stir them around on low medium heat .
- Once they become quite soft, mash them with potato masher and stir them around .
- Once they almost becomes liquidy add honey /sugar to it .
- Let it cook for 4-5 minute and add chia seeds.Stir it once to mix everything and switch off the flame .
- Leave it on the counter for 30 minutes.Chia seeds will swell up .
- Your jam is ready to use .
- Keep it stored in the fridge and use within seven days.