Easy Eggless Strawberry Galette
A beautiful rustic galette using farm fresh strawberries.
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter,chopped into small pieces.
- For the Strawberry filling for Galette.
- Around 1.5 lb Fresh Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla extract/essence
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp water
- Combine the Flour ,Sugar,and Salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the butter .Combine it with the the help of food processor,or fingers.It will look crumbly.
- Sprinkle some ice water over the flour and mix the mixture to form a nice dough.
- Divide the dough into four equal balls .Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour .
- Make the strawberry Filling
- Take a Bowl.
- Add everything required to make the strawberry filling .
- Assembling Strawberry Galette
- Roll a ball of dough into a 7-8 inch round shape.
- Use flour to roll the dough so that it doesn’t stick to the surface.
- Divide the strawberry filling into four parts .
- Place one part of the mixture in the center of the dough,and fold it just like the pic.
- Brush milk on top of the flour part of the galette to give it a nice shine after baking.
- Make all four galettes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 f.
- Bake 35-to 40 minutes until it looks golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temp.,it will taste good.