Tamarind and Jaggery Chutney
A must for Chaat dishes ,this Chutney is sweet and sour in taste.
- 1 Cup Tamarind (preferably seedless ,if not available you can use concentrated puree)
- 1 ½ Cup Jaggery powder
- 1 Tsp Dry Ginger powder or saunth
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- ½ Tsp Asofoetida /Hing
- 1 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1 Tsp Black salt
- Salt according to taste.
- Soak the tamarind in 2.5 cups of warm water.
- Mash it with hands and strain it with a sieve .
- We will use only the tamarind water,mixed with soft pulp ,so discard all the seeds .
- Take a pan . Add jaggery and tamarind water and all the ingredients together.
- Cook this 12 -14 minute on low to medium flame.
- Keep stirring it so that lumps are not formed.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it cool on the kitchen counter.
- Transfer in a clean jar and refrigerate it .
- You can use this for at least two months.
Cilantro ,Mint and Green Mango Chutney.
Tangy Green Chutney with raw mango ,cilantro and mint.
- 2 Cups Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Cup Fresh Mint
- ½ Cup Green Mango chopped
- 2 Green Chili
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Inch Chopped Ginger
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Wash and dry Mint ,Cilantro ,Mango and green chilies.
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and grind it into a smooth consistency.
- Adding of water depends on your need ,only add few drops not much otherwise it will be watery .
- Store in a air tight container.
Strawberry and Jaggery Compote .
A Chutney or Compote made using fresh /frozen strawberries ,Jaggery and lemon juice.
- 10 Fresh strawberry ,washed ,dried and chopped.
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ⅓ Cup Jaggery powder (If you have block ,please grte it or cut it into small pieces.You can increase the quantity depending on sweetness of your strawberries.
- Pinch of Salt to balance the sweetness.
- Take a pan .
- When its hot enough add strawberry .
- Simmer it on a low heat till it breaks down .
- Add lemon juice ,salt and Jaggery .
- Let it cook on slow flame till it reaches the desired consistency .
- Transfer it into a clean glass jar .
- Refrigerate it only when it has reached the room temperature.
Pineapple , Cinnamon Compote
A beautiful combination of Cinnamon ,Pineapple .
- 2 Cups Ripe Pineapple grated or chopped into a small cubes.
- ½ Inch Grated Ginger
- ½ Inch Cinnamon stick broken
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Take a Pan.
- Place everything in it and cook on slow flame till it reaches your desired consistency .
- Let it come to room temperature and after that store it into a clean glass Jar and refrigerate it .
Leave a Reply