Spinach & broccoli Gnocchi ; This easy and delicious dish includes spinach and broccoli gnocchi in an absolutely stunning garlic cream sauce. It's silky, smooth and absolutely drool-worthy. In addition, it is the perfect comfort food for chilly nights or gloomy days.
The weather has been quite weird this year, and most of the time, the days are quite cold and gloomy. These days, I am craving for some sunlight and the need for some sunshine is urgent. When we moved to Charlotte a few years back, the man of the house was very happy to live in a warmer climate as he was excited that he wouldn't have to shovel snow.
Honestly, the kids and I miss the snow. The first snow is always special and looking back, we miss those snow days and hot chocolate. This year, the winter has been torturous. It's cold, there's no snow, and it is not at all pleasant.
Lately, Friday lunches are always a short cut and kid-friendly. Both of us parents eat only in the evenings and for that, I always keep the lunch simple. Don't you enjoy Friday evenings? Most of the time, our Friday dinner is a comforting and elaborate Indian meal. We love to sit back and enjoy. With the kids being at home and the online school life hectic, we need a few moments of fun in-between.
Also, have you ever tasted Gnocchi? Our family and I just love these soft pillowy dumplings and I usually cook them on hectic days. These are pasta made of potatoes and their texture is super soft. Cooked into this garlic cream sauce, they taste super delicious. I have also used some spinach and broccoli for the added green effect.
What Ingredients are Needed for Making This Pasta?
Black Pepper powder
Heavy Cream/Almond Milk/Cashew Milk
Olive Oil /Butter
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
How To Boil Gnocchi-
Firstly, bring a big pot of water to boil. Then, add a little bit of salt to it. When it starts boiling, add gnocchi to it. After around 7-8 minutes you will see that the Gnocchi will start floating. Then, when it starts floating, collect it with the help of a slotted spoon. Don't let it cook for a long time.
You May Also Want To Check Out These Pasta Recipes-
Spinach and Broccoli Gnocchi
- I 3.5 oz Dry Gnocchi
- ½ Cup Broccoli Florets
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream/Almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Oilive Oil
- ½ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Parmesan cheese for garnish(optional)
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- ½ Cup Marinara Sauce
- Cook gnocchi according to the package instruction.
- Remove it in a plate with the help of a slotted spoon
- Take a pan. Add oil and butter to it
- When it's hot, add chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds
- Addd chopped onion and stir on medium fill till they look translucent
- Add Broccoli and saute for one minute
- Add Marinara sauce and cream. Strir it for one minute
- Add red pepper flaks and crushed black peeper to it
- Add spinach and let it weilt
- Add ½ cup of Pasta water and let the sauce cook on low flame for 1 minute
- Add Gnochhi and mix Mix it properly with the sauce.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.Serve.