Ravioli Lasagna is simple and packed with flavours. It's just a quick kind of meal, or a lazy cook's lasagna. Comforting, cheesy, and really easy, this meal is the perfect dish for busy week days/nights. This ravioli lasagna looks and tastes so good that it can easily be used as a date night dinner as well as for entertaining guests.
Do you like cheese? I can vouch for my kids. They like anything cheesy, saucy, and gooey. My younger one, who takes forever to finish a bowl of rice and lentils will finish her cheesy pasta bowls in a flash. Today I was quite tired because of piled work and as a result, wanted lunch to be really simple and no fuss. I thought about baking a comforting cheese ravioli lasagna.
Well, I am all about simple comforting meals. If the food tastes delicious and take less effort and time, then it really impresses me. This ravioli pasta is so simple, easy to assemble, and not more than a 5 minute job. It needs only 4 ingredients, and most of them are always available in the pantry or fridge.
What Ingredients are Needed for Ravioli Lasagna?
Ravioli- Any ravioli of your choice. Personally, I like to use cheese ravioli.
Marinara Sauce- Any good quality marinara sauce. Homemade or store bought, it doesn't matter.
Mozzarella Cheese- Any good quality shredded mozzarella cheese. However, you can also grate it yourself.
Olive Oil/Butter- Any good quality olive oil- unsalted butter will also do.
How To Assemble Ravioli Lasagna-
- Take a baking dish and spread some marinara sauce as first layer on the bottom.
- Then, spread a single layer of cheese ravioli on the sauce.
- After that, spread some sauce on the ravioli and cover all of them well.
- Spread a layer of mozzarella cheese on top of it.
- Repeat the layering process once again.
- Then, pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
- After that, sprinkle some olive oil or butter on top of it.
- Lastly, bake it till the cheese oozes out and the ravioli becomes all soft and yummy.
- Enjoy this with a side of bread or salad!
You don't have to thaw ravioli, as the recipe calls for frozen Ravioli.
You May Want To Check These Recipes,
- 1 24 oz Marinara Sauce
- 1 24-25 Oz Cheese ravioli Sauce
- 1.5 - 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Butter / Olive Oil
- Pre heat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a 9x13'' baking pan.
- Spread a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of the baking pan.
- Arrange a single layer of ravioli on the sauce.
- Pour marinara sauce over the ravioli and spread it.
- Spread a layer of mozzarella cheese on top of it. You can spread more or less depending on your personal preference. Repeat the layering of ravioli, sauce, and cheese once again.
- Sprinkle some olive oil on top of it. If you are using butter, then spread the butter by breaking it with your hand or a knife.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes or till it starts bubbling. Your time can vary a little depending on your oven.
- Remove it from the oven. Let it cool and serve.