Cheesy Mushroom ,Spinach Fettuccine
Creamy ,silky ,buttery, Pasta with Spinach,Mushroom and Alfredo Sauce.
- 8 Oz Fettuccine/Spaghetti/You can use any pasta of your choice.(Looks amazing with long pasta though)
- 6-8 Medium Button Mushroom,sliced not very thin.
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach(Chopped finely)
- 3 Big Cloves Garlic(Chopped finely)
- 2 Tbsp Butter(unsalted)if you are using salted then do not use any salt for seasoning the vegetables.
- 1 Tsp Canola oil/any oil of your choice.
- 1 Tbsp All Purpose Flour/ Maida.
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream(you can use half and half as well ,but I prefer cream)
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese(Technically its not veg since it uses rennet ,so if you do not want to use it replace this with little bit of hemp seeds ,nutritional yeast ,garlic powder and salt . This will give you the flavour of Parmesan Cheese.
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Black Peppercorn crushed (optional)Do not use if you are making for kids.
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning/ Dry parsley (anything will do)
- 1 tsp salt for boiling pasta.
- 1/3 Cup Boiled pasta water
- Take a big pot ,in which your pasta can fit. Please do not break pasta .It ruins the look .
- Fill with water and salt and let it come to boil.(do not put pasta into cold water)
- Add pasta and boil till al dente.It means pasta should have a bite.Keep 1/3 cup of boiled pasta water separate.
Making of Pasta
- Take a big wide pan.
- Add oil to it . Then add butter to it .(using oil with butter is required in almost all the cases.Butter gets brown very easily and burns when using alone.
- Add Mushroom to it when its hot and saute till mushroom looks pinkish brown.Add apinch of salt while browning the mushroom.
- Add garlic and saute again.
- Now add flour to it and saute for 1 minute. It will look light brown ,do not burn it . It should be on slow flame .
- Add cream to it .Mix it well.Do not break mushrooms.
- Add spinach ,to it and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add cheese, Pasta water (If you are using salted butter ,do not use pasta water ,use plain water.Salted water will make your pasta very salty.
- Add grated cheese ,dry seasoning to it.Mix it with a tong.
- If it looks thick for your taste add few spoons of water and if its thin let it cook for 1-2 minute.
- Serve with the garnishing of grated cheese and red pepper flakes.