Super soft Paneer cubes are coated with saffron-infused creamy gravy with a hint of black pepper. This recipe is super delicious and totally unique. Kesaria Paneer Kali Mirch /Saffron-flavored black pepper paneer is the most loved paneer recipe by people.
I don't know about you all, but nowadays, I am so bored of making the usual paneer gravies. Hence, for Sunday's special lunch, I thought of making something different.
You can check my popular Paneer recipes,
What type of gravy is in the kesaria paneer kali mirch/Saffron infused flavored black pepper paneer?
Paneer Kali Mirch is a white, cream-based paneer gravy that uses freshly grounded black pepper. If you love the flavor of black pepper, this curry is definitely for you. The wonderful flavors of creamy saffron gravy and crushed pepper balance each other out and have so much depth that you will absolutely relish it.
Kesaria Paneer Kali Mirch / Saffron Flavored Black Pepper Paneer
- 12-14 Cubes / Triangles Paneer
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Cups Chopped/ Sliced Onion
- 10-12 Cashew Nuts Soaked in Hot Water
- 2 Small Green Chillies
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Plain Yoghurt (use coconut milk yogurt/ almond milk yogurt for vegan options)
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream (you can use coconut milk for a vegan and low calorie option)
- ½ Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Crushed Kasoori Methi
- 1 Tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- Salt, according to taste
- 6-8 Threads Saffron soaked in 2 tbsp of warm milk
- 1 Tsp Freshly Crushed Pepper (do not use pepper powder)
- Take a pan. Add 1 tbsp of oil to it.
- Heat it. Add chopped onion to it. Saute it on medium flame till they look transparent.
- Add soaked cashew nuts, green chilies, and ginger to it. Saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove this onion cashew mix into a grinder / blender. Grind it into a fine paste.
- Remove this fine paste into a bowl.
- Take a clean pan. Add one tbsp of ghee / clarified butter to it.
- Add the onion-cashew paste to it. Saute it for 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add cumin and coriander powder to it. Saute it for 2 minutes.
- Whisk 2 tbsp of yogurt and mix it into the pan. Stir it continuously to prevent it from curdling.
- Now add cream / coconut milk according to your preference and stir it again for 2-3 minutes. Add salt according to your taste. The gravy should start thickening.
- Add ½ tsp of crushed black pepper to it. Do not add more as it will give you a very spicy flavor. Keep the other half tsp aside and after you taste the curry, if you want to, add just a little.
- Now add the drained soft paneer and crushed kasoori methi to it.
- Stir it and mix nicely so that your paneer is coated with creamy curry.
- Remove it into a serving bowl and pour saffron milk over the top of the paneer gravy.
- Enjoy it with any type of Indian bread, especially Naan.