Smooth, velvety and finger-licking, this chocolate mousse is the perfect dessert when you don't want to spend a lot of time slaving in the kitchen. This is the easiest version of making mousse, and is quick and as decadent as classy ones. It's creamy, rich, and just perfect.
This Chocolate Mousse is airy and light, and it only involves two ingredients and 15 minutes of your time. Isn't that amazing? Hence, this is the perfect recipe for any beginner.
What Ingredients are Needed for Chocolate Mousse?
You only need two ingredients for this fancy looking dish: heavy whipping cream, and semisweet dark chocolate chips or barks.
I have made this mousse with semisweet chocolate chips, but you can easily replace that with only dark chocolate chips or a combination of dark and semisweet chocolate sweets.
How to Make Chocolate Mousse-
Whipping the Heavy Cream- Carefully whip the cream to form medium peaks. I did that with the help of an electric mixture and a big bowl. On the other hand, if you don't have an electric mixer, you can do it in a big size hand held mixture too. However, it takes more time and quite a lot of muscle power.
Melting and Folding Semi -Sweet Chocolate Chips- I find that using chips is easier than barks. I have used small chips, which melt in no time. You can use dark chocolate chips/bark as well. The folding is important to create air pockets in the mousse.
Can You Make Chocolate Mousse Ahead and Store?
Absolutely. You can make this chocolate mousse ahead of a gathering or party and store it in the fridge. Furthermore, you can store it for 2-3 days in the fridge.
What Can You Use for Serving Chocolate Mousse?
You can use ramekins, shot glasses, or any type of cups as well. Let your imagination run wild and you will be surprised at how innovative your mind can be.
You May Also Want to Check Out These Easy Desserts-
Almond Pistachio Falooda Cheese Cake
Tres Leches Cake With a Mango Twist
Eggless Chocolate Mousse
- ¾ Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips/Dark Chocolate Chips.
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream(very cold/chilled)
- 1 Tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder(Optional)
- ¼ Cups Frozen Berries for garnish(Optional)
- Take sauce pan .Add chocolate chips to it. Add 3 tbsp of Cream to it .Melt it on the stove top my mixing it with a spatula .Remove the pan from stove once it stats melting and finish the process on the kitchen counter .It will be smooth chocolate sauce once done .
- Keep the chocolate bowl on the counter for cooling.
- Whip the cream with a electric/Hand Mixture till it reaches Medium Peak .It will take around 7-8 minutes. Once it reach peak .Remove 2 tbsp in a separate bowl.
- Fold melted Chocolate in to the whipped cream .Folding means creating air pockets in the mixture to make it light and fluffy .
- When Chocolate and Mousse are mixed nicely add rest of the cream to make it more fluffy..
- Set them in serving glass and keep it in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with dusted cocoa powder and berries before serving .Enjoy.
Leave a Reply