Sharing is caring!!!
Super delightful and delectable Tres Leches Cake with a Mango twist. This cake is easy and can be made in advance. You cannot miss making this cake if you love the mango flavor.
Attention mango lovers!!!!
You will love this mango twist on the Mexican Tres Leches cake, and folks who are not mango lovers will become one after trying this.
For a long time, I've wanted to bake a tres leches cake(I am a big fan of this cake and always make it at home) but not the regular kind- I wanted to make something exotic, with a bit of an Indian twist.
On that note, I decided to bake a tres leches cake with mango flavor. The cake turned out so soft that it felt like I was eating a slice of a cloud. The mango flavor was oozing out of it and looked amazing.
What is a Tres Leches Cake?
It is a delicious, rich, milk-soaked cake with three types: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy whipping cream.
Indian twist With Mango Flavour
I used mango puree instead of evaporated milk, making the flavor more Indian. After all, what is more Indian than our king of fruits, the mango?
Some of my popular Mango recipes,
Tres Leches Cake With a Mango Twist.
- 5 Large Eggs
- ½+2 Cup+Tbsp Normal white sugar(I am intentional using less sugar in he sponge since mil,mango syrup is sweet enough)
- ⅓ Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla essence(I prefer this much since we are using 5 eggs.)
- 1 Cup All purpose flour.
- 1.5 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
For Mango Syrup
- ⅔ Cup Condensed milk
- ⅓ Cup Heavy Whipping cream
- 1 Cup Mango Puree(I used store bought kesar mango puree)
For Mango Whipping Cream Garnish
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Mango Puree
- 1 Tsp Mango Extract(optional)
- 10 Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a baking dish ideal size for this quantity is 9x13,but mine was like 7x15.You need to use a ceramic,glass baking pan for this cake.
- Seperate the egg yolks into two parts .
- In one big bowl place egg yolks and in another place egg whites.
- Beat egg yolks and ½ cup of sugar with a electric beater on high speed till it looks pale in color. Add whole milk and vanilla essence to it .It will take more time with hand mixture.
- Beat egg whites till they have soft peaks ,add 2 tbsp of sugar in between the process and stop after you achieve the desired soft peaks.
- In a bowl mix flour ,baking powder and salt .Sieve it through the mesh .
- Add egg yolk with the flour and mix it gently with a spatula.
- Fold egg whites into this mixture.please do it very softly /gently otherwise all the air bubbles/pockets will be gone.
- Tap it on the kitchen counter .
- Bake the cake on 350 f for 20-25 minute or till your tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake after its perfectly baked. Leave it on the kitchen counter to cool down.
How to prepare Mango Syrup.
- In a large gravy bowl /jug add whipping cream ,mango puree and condensed milk.
- Stir and mix it nicely.
How to pour it over the Cake
- When cake is cool ,pierce the surface of the cake all over with a fork or bamboo skewer.
- Pour all the mango syrup nicely over the cake .
- Let it rest for some time .
- This time could be between 1 hour to 5 hours .
- Let it sit for some time after that.
How to make a mango cream frosting
- Pour heavy whipping (very cold)in to a cold bowl.
- Beat it on the high speed for 2-3 minutes.Add Mango puree and mango extract to it and beat again for 1 minute.
- Spread this mango cream over the cake with a spatula or knife.
- It should be a thin layer (I prefer this way)If you want thick layer ,add a little more whipping cream.
- Cut it into equal pieces and decorate with Strawberries .
How to serve tres leches with mango twist
- In a plate pour 2-3 spoon of aromatic mango puree.
- Place a slice of cake on top of the puree.
- Garnish it with a strawberry .