Air Fryer Black Pepper Cauliflower. Crispy, crunchy, and with a hint of spice, this cauliflower dish is super delicious to have. Cooking this dish is simple, and it only takes a few ingredients.
Vegan and scrumptious, this cauliflower dish will be your go-to meal for getting together and game day.
This dish is the vegan version of black pepper chicken. It has a peppery taste, and this comes from crushed black pepper and white pepper.
Why Have I Used Air Fried Cauliflower?
Air fried cauliflower needs far less oil while it still makes cauliflower quite crispy.
It's fun to make and takes very little time as well. In the summer months, it's really amazing for any dinner or lunch.
In addition, it doesn't heat the house in the way an oven does.
What Ingredients Are Needed for This Dish?
Cauliflower- I have used fresh cauliflower and cut the florets by myself.
You can buy fresh or frozen cauliflower depending on your choice.
Peppercorns- I have used a combination of white and black peppercorns.
White peppercorns have a sharp taste, however, it's not easily available. You can find it in Asian stores.
If you cannot get ahold of it, you can just skip it and use the black peppercorn instead.
Dark Soy Sauce and Vegan Oyster Sauce- are the two sauces we are going to use, and we will be using vegan oyster sauce to bring out a beautiful umami flavor.
Basil/Cilantro/Curry leaves- Any type of fragrant herbs/leaves. Since I have made this dish like an Indo-Chinese dish, I have used a mix of basil and curry leaves.
You can skip or add both.
Note that I am not sharing an authentic recipe. It's just my version, which my family likes.
Other than that, I am using aromatics like onions, garlic, and fresh red/green chillies.
How to Make Air Fryer Black Pepper Cauliflower-
Prepare the florets by washing and drying them. Make the batter for coating the cauliflower by mixing flour, salt, pepper and water.
Dip the cauliflower and coat them well. Air fry/bake/deep fry them till they look crispy and golden.
Crush the black peppercorns and white peppercorns.
Make a lovely sauce for the cauliflower to coat well.
Mix crispy florets into the sauce. Enjoy as an appetizer or side dish.
You May Also Want To Check Out These Popular Air Fryer Recipes-
Air Fryer Black Pepper Cauliflower
- 1 Medium Cauliflower head
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Small Red Onion
- ½ Tsp Black Peppercorn
- ½ Tsp White Peppercorn
- 1 Small Red or green chili pepper
- 6-8 Basil leaves /curry leaves /chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Scallion
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Cut cauliflower into small /medium florets.Mix all the batter ingredients .
- Coat florets with the batter .Make sure they are evenly coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380f.
- Arrange them in the basket after spraying the oil .
- Spray some oil on the florets as well.
- Air fry them for atleast 7-8 minutes or till they look golden and crispy.
- Turn them around once.
- Air fry them in batches .
- Alternatively you can bake or fry them.
- Crush the pepper corns. Chop the garlic,chili and onion.
- Take a pan /wok.Add oil to it .
- When its hot add garlic ,onion and chili.
- Saute till they look caramalized.
- Add crushed peppers and herbs to the pan .
- Add sauce mix and let cook for a minute or two on low flame.
- Mix air fried cauliflower florets with the sauce .
- Make sure they coat nicely with the sauce.
- Garnish with some green onion and serve.