Easy, spicy and totally delicious. This Air fryer Masala Gobi is crisp from the outside and soft and delicate from the inside.
Made with staple pantry ingredients, this cauliflower recipe goes well with rice, roti or just by itself.
In addition, this crowd-pleaser of a dish is vegan!
I totally believe that masala cauliflower/Gobi is one of the most versatile cauliflower recipes.
It's easy to make, tastes great, and you can use it in a variety of cuisines.
Cauliflower recipes are quite popular in Indian vegetarian cuisine and there are at least hundreds of recipes are there.
Growing up our favourite was humble Aloo Gobhi/Alu Gobhi, and we used to have that with our soft phulka or roti.
On weekends Dal Palak/Lentil Soup with spinach with white rice and cauliflower fry was our delicacy.
On occasion, I make Peri -Peri Cauliflower Tacos.
Cauliflower rice is quite popular with people who are watching their weight and avoiding carbs.
How to Make Air Fryer Masala Gobi?
First, boil the cauliflower florets till they are fork-tender.
Marinate the cauliflower with spices, herbs, and curry leaves.
Grill them at 350 f for 10-12 minutes till they look golden and cooked.
You can make them crispy as per your taste.
Use them in a flatbread wrap or with fresh crisp salad as a topping. Enjoy.
What Ingredients are Needed?
Cauliflower- Using fresh cauliflower is a must for this wonderful recipe but somehow if you are not able to get ahold of a fresh one, you can use frozen ones.
Spices- Turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, oil, ginger-garlic paste, and lots of curry leaves.
Do's and Dont's--
Do not over boil the cauliflower, cook it only till fork tender.
That will give them the perfect texture.
If you are not parboiling it, it won't have that wonderful creamy texture.
Marinate them for at least 15 -30 minutes. That will give them a wonderful taste.
Do not over grill them, as the cauliflower will taste bitter.
Air Fryer Masala Gobi
- 10-12 Small Cauliflower florets,par boiled.
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ¼ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 8-10 Fresh Curry Leaves(Optional)
- 1 Tbsp Lime /Lemon Juice
- Cilantro for garnish
- Mix all the spices and curry leaves with the oil .
- Coat cauliflower florets nicely with all the spice mixture.Make sure they are nicely topped with the coating.
- Place them inside an air fryer basket (lined with parchment paper).
- Bake them on 350 F for 10 -12 minute or till it looks crispy and golden for you .
- Remove from air fryer ,sprinkle lemon juice and garnish with some cilantro .Serve with the side of your choice.