A wonderful combination of the most vibrant colours and amazing textures. A drizzle of super delicious vinaigrette on it makes this quinoa,arugula,avocado salad super special.
Rainbow on a plate!! This quinoa, arugula, and avocado salad is super easy to make.
Great side/a healthy meal on the go. Perfect for packed lunches. Healthy, nourishing, and quite filling.
I am a sucker for pretty looking salads. A bright, beautiful plate makes everyone happy. Different flavours and textures create a great tasting salad. I always experiment with my vinaigrette/dressing.
The store-bought dressing is a big no-no in my home. My husband and I love flavourful, fresh, and healthy dressing. Store-bought creamy dressings are processed and full of alien ingredients.
Nowadays I am trying to cut carbs in our meal. We are trying to eat more greens and salads. Salad meals are fun to make and light.
Often I pair them with a bowl of lentil soup like Dal Palak/Lentil Soup with spinach or Garlicky Red Lentil. My family loves soups too. I often serve Instant Pot Tortilla Soup or Veg Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup.
Having salad greens mixed with fresh vegetables and fruits cleans your overall digestive system. You feel better after eating those.
What Ingredients are Needed for this Salad?
Quinoa- The heartiness of this salad comes from the most lovely nutty seeds quinoa. They are simple looking, easy to cook ingredients. Quinoa, which is renowned as a super food, is a protein powerhouse as well.
Arugula Leaves- Either you love arugula leaves or hate them.There is nothing in between. They are super crispy, slightly bitter leaves. They are used primarily to provide a depth of flavour to any salad or sandwich.
Avocado- My little one often makes fun of how much I love avocados. I love to include avocado in my food as I love how creamy and delicious they are.
Strawberry- Ripe, juicy, sweet strawberries are perfect for this salad. The perfect bitter sweet taste depends on how sweet strawberries are.
Tomato and Baby Spinach are a few ingredients which are also used in this salad. Feel free to be creative. You can add or skip your favourite or not so favourite fruits or vegetables.
I made a vinagrette of mustard sauce, lemon/lime juice, and extra-virgin olive oil. This addition makes this salad a truly delicious meal in itself. Do try to taste for yourself, as it's really delicious.
Quinoa, Arugula, and Avocado Salad
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa(according to package instructions.)
- 1 Cup Arugula Leaves ,washed and spinned
- 1 /2 Cup Baby spinach
- 4-5 Medium Ripe Strawberries,chopped into long pieces
- 1 Medium Ripe Avocado ,sliced
- ½ Small Sliced Tomato
- ¼ Cup Toasted Almond slices
- ¼ Cup Fruity Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ Cup Lime/lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard.kasundi or your favourite mustard sauce
- Pinch of salt,according to your choice ,you can skip it as well.
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- Pinch of crushed black pepper.
- Chop and slice all the vegetable and fruits.
- Take a big salad bowl and toss them together with a cooked quinoa.
- Whisk all the ingredients required for dressing.
- Drizzle them over the salad and toss them together to coat with the dressing.
- Serve them in a plate bowl with the choice of your side.Top with som almonds .