Low carb, vegan, and easy this whole roasted cauliflower is a lovely alternative to roasted potato or chicken. This Air Fryer Roasted Whole Cauliflower can be a beautiful showstopper for any special occasion dinner or get together.
Simple and uncomplicated this recipe uses a simple marinade of vegan/plant-based yoghurt and a few spices. It has a crispy top and a melt in the mouth texture from the inside.
The whole roasted cauliflower is an absolute favourite recipe of our family. I started making this recipe a long while back. My Aunt used to make this recipe and it was a flavour bomb.
After making it several times in the oven and wok I tried it in the air fryer and the result was absolutely amazing.
Tips for Making the perfect roasted air fryer Cauliflower-
- Use a small compact cauliflower, they are easy to handle. Small size helps them in getting quite crispy from out side.
- I always boil them in salted turmeric water for a very short amount of time.That gives them a lovely color and a soft melt in mouth texture. lt goes beautifuly inside the cauliflower.
- Marinate them for 20-30 minutes, it will elevate the taste of cauliflower a lot.
- Roast the cauliflower initially on low temp and later on little bit higher for crispy outer layer. A low and high temp combination makes this absolutely delectable.
- Brush the top with oil. It gives a wonderful golden crispy edge.
How to Serve this Air Fryer Roasted Whole Cauliflower-
I love to serve these roasted florets in tacos and salad. My husband prefers a low carb plant-based diet so for my weekday meal plan I always include this dish.
Use lettuce as a replacement for your taco, drizzle some simple low-fat dressing/sauce/chutney and your perfect lunch/dinner is ready.
Can we bake this roasted whole Cauliflower?
Absolutely. Baking takes a little bit more time and patience. We can bake at 375 f till they look crispy and golden from the inside.
Usually, it takes around 40 minutes to bake a cauliflower however, this can vary according to the size of cauliflower and oven.
You May Want to check these air fryer recipes as well,
Air Fryer Roasted Whole Cauliflower
- 1 Small Whole Cauliflower
- ½ Cup Any plant based yoghurt
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ Tsp Ginger Paste
- ½ Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp Cooking oil
- Bring a big pot of salted turmeric water to boil. When it starts boiling place a small cauliflower in it. Before placing it in the water remove all the leaves and stem and make sure it has just a base and flower.
- Let the cauliflower become fork tender but not very soft.
- Remove from the water and dry with a paper towel.
- Prepare a thick marinade using yoghurt and all the spices.
- Coat the cauliflower well by using a marinade. Do it from the top as well as in between the florets.
- Leave the cauliflower covered on the counter top for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 f .
- Place the cauliflower on the bottom rack of the air fryer.
- Air fry on 350 f for 10-12 minutes and then increase the temp to 380 f.
- Bake/roast them till they look crispy and golden from all sides.
- Your time can vary depending on the size of your cauliflower.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve along with salad and dip.