This recipe needs very few ingredients and takes very little time. It is also amazing, flavorful, and soul-satisfying. For a rice lover like me, it’s the perfect dish since it pairs well with any type of rice. Salad greens are also a great accompaniment to this Korean-inspired dish.
What Type of Tofu is Used in this Recipe?
I have used extra firm organic tofu for this dish. The texture of extra firm tofu is wonderful for this dish as it doesn’t break easily. However, you can easily use the tofu you like.
What Type of Sauce we are Using?
I have made a sauce by mixing a few Asian sauces. It’s a Korean-inspired recipe, so I have used Gochujang sauce as a main ingredient. This sauce is easily available in most Asian markets, and if you are still finding it difficult, you can replace with any type of chili sauce.
Why is Pressing the Tofu Important?
Tofu has a lot of water content and it is really important to make sure it doesn’t have such a large content before making the dishes. Wrap the tofu in a thick paper towel and press it with a heavy object. Then, keep it for 30 minutes, and your tofu is ready to use.
What Can You Serve with Tofu?
This dish goes well with white rice, fried rice, salad, or noodles.
You may want to check out these recipes-
You May Also Want to Check Out Other Tofu Recipes-
Pan Fried spicy Tofu
- 2 Tbsp Gochujang Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar/Honey
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh chilli(optional)
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion
- 1 Tsp Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Oil
For preparing Crispy Tofu
- 13 OZ Extra Firm Tofu
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Oil for shallow frying
For making crispy Tofu
- Mix corn starch with salt and Pepper.
- Make Cubes of tofu .
- Mix tofu with corn starch mix.Make sure tofu is coated well .Dust off excess corn flour.
- Heat oil in pan .Shallow fry the tofu till it looks crispy from both sides.
- Remove it in a plate lined by paper towel.
- Take a wok /Pan.
- Add oil and heat it .
- When its hot enough add chopped garlic and chilies(if using)
- Mix gochujang sauce ,soy sauce and brown sugar .Whisk with a whisker.
- Add the sauce that we have mixed earlier to the wok/pan.
- Stir it once and let it cook.
- After 30 seconds add tofu to it .Mix it well .Make sure that tofu is coated with sauce.
- Mix corn starch with water and add it to the tofu .Stir it and mix it nicely.
- This dish won't be liquidy .Let it cook on slow flame for 1 minute till sauce coated the tofu really well.
- Garnish with green onion .
- Serve with vegetables,Noodles or rice.