For a whole school year, my son took this bread pizza for his snack time in school. He loved each and every bite of it and devoured it to the core. So, if you are a bread lover just like my son, then this post is for you.
This bread toast pizza is crispy, crunchy, cheesy, and delicious. I have made this toast pizza in the air fryer but you can definitely bake it in the oven or toaster griller.
What is Toast Pizza?
I would say this is a no fuss short cut for pizza. If you are having an instant carving for pizza and you have any type of bread slice at home, you can prepare it in no time. It just needs simple ingredients from your pantry and refrigerator. This bread toast pizza is filling and delicious.
You can have this pizza for breakfast, and it will keep you full till lunch time. Pair with soup or salad and this will serve as dinner or for a quick bite at lunch. This toast pizza is heaven for bread lovers, kids and adults alike.
How to Make Air Fried Bread Pizza?
1- Take any type of bread slice.
2-If you want to butter it, do so but it’s totally optional.
3-Slather it with tomato ketchup or any tomato sauce of your choice (pesto and dips can be used too).
4- Arrange your vegetables like corn, broccoli, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, mushroom, or any thing you fancy. I have used black beans as well.
5- Sprinkle some cheese of your choice. You can use mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, etc.
6- Drizzle some dry herbs and red pepper flakes on top of the bread slice.
7- Now preheat the air fryer at 370 f for 3 minutes. Bake this pizza toast in the air fryer for 4-5 minute at 370 f.
8- Remove it once it looks and feels crunchy and crispy as per your liking.
9- Cut it in two parts or serve!
10- Hope you enjoy!
How to Bake Toast Pizza in the Oven-
Follow the same process of assembling the bread, vegetables, sauce, and cheese.
Preheat the oven to 360 f and bake these beauties till the bread feels crisp and the cheese is melted.
Your oven baked toast pizza is ready.
- 8 Bread Slices
- 2 Tbsp Soft Butter9optional)
- 1/2 Cup Tomato ketchup or any sauce of your choice.
- 1/2 Cup American Sweet Corn
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans(Canned)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Mixed colored peppers
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Tomato
- 1 Tbsp Dry herbs (basil/oregano)
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes.
- Chop all the vegetables in small sizes.
- If you are using canned corn and beans drain and wash with fresh water.
- Keep all the ingredients handy.
- Preheat air fryer to 370 f.
- Take a bread slice. Brush some butter .(optional)
- Spread some sauce .Do not over do this.
- Arrange vegetables on top of it.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top of that. Garnish with some herbs and air fry for 4-5 minute on baking mode ,till they feel crispy and cheese has melted. Depending on your air fryer your time can vary by a minute or so .Please check in between to prevent over browning of toast.
- Serve it with a side of salad or soup or have this with coffee.
How to bake toast pizza in oven
- Preheat oven to 360 f.
- After the oven is hot place your assembled pizza toast in a tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minute or till it looks crisp and cheese has melted. Your time can vary a little depending on your oven.
- Serve .