Perfectly boiled baby potatoes coated with an aromatic spice mix and air fried/pan-fried till golden crisp texture. Easy, simple and super delicious. Vegan and kid-friendly this potato dish involve just a few ingredients.
No one can resist these spicy, tangy, and delicious looking roasted potatoes. This recipe uses boiled potatoes and an Indian pickle spice mix. It's easy, takes very little time, uses very common Indian spices, and you can tweak it according to your taste. It's convenient, isn't it?
The amazing thing is that you can serve it with almost anything: roti, paratha, poori, rice, and other staples. It is great for lunch boxes and travel food. I still remember the train journeys in which we had these gol-matol aloos with soft pooris.
I have used baby potatoes, but let me tell you, you can use any type of potatoes in this recipe. This recipe is suitable for any type of potato- potato slices, grilled potatoes, and even baked potatoes. You can make this on a stovetop, bake them in the oven, or air- fry them- they will taste delicious.
How to Air Fry Achari Aloo?
Air frying is super easy . First, preheat the air fryer to 380 F for 1-2 minutes. Mix all the peeled boiled baby potatoes and 1 tsp of oil .Use your hands and make sure potatoes are coated nicely with the spice mix.
Arrange potatoes in the basket of the air fryer and air fry them till they look crispy golden brown . It took me around 7-8 minutes to do that . However, your time can vary depending on your potatoes and air fryer capacity. You can expect a few minutes here and there.
You May want to check these air fryer recipes
Achari Aloo/Potatoes in Pickle Spice
- 300 Gms Baby Potatoes(Boiled yet firm in texture)
- 2 Tbsp Mustard oil/Oil of your choice.
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 Tsp Nigella seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida(optional)
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Dry red chilli
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red Chilli powder
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ½ Tsp Chaat Masala
- Salt according to the taste(you can use black salt too)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro leaves
- Lemon wedges(optional)
- Take a wide pan .Heat it and roast fennel seeds, coriander seeds and red chilli on medium flame .Grind this into a coarse powder.
- Peel boiled potatoes and keep aside.
- Take a pan and heat it on medium flame.
- Add mustard oil. When its hot enough(reaches its smoking point)Add Nigella seeds ,Asafoetida and dry red chillies.
- Add potatoes and mix it nicely with the oil and seasoning.
- Saute it till it looks light pink.It will take 3-4 minute.
- Now add all the spices (grounded and listed under spice powder) both.
- Mix it well .Make sure potatoes are coated nicely with this spice mix. Saute on medium flame for 2-3 minute, till it looks little crispy. Your Potatoes are ready to serve .Switch off the flame now.
- Check seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges.
How to air fry Achari Aloo
- Mix the potatoes and spice mix together .Add 1 tsp of oil to it .Make sure potatoes are evenly coated with the spice mix.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 f for 1-2 minutes .
- Air fry them till they look crispy golden brown That will take you around 7-8 minutes..
- If you are making them in large quantities ,air fry them in batches.
- Do not over crowd the air fryer.
- Remove them after its done as per your liking .