This spicy and sticky cauliflower is easy to make and super delicious. Here I am going to share recipes which involve both baking and deep frying. Garnished with sesame seeds and spring onion, you can serve these over some rice or with lettuce cups.Try these out- I am sure you will love them .
Spicy and Sticky Cauliflower
Perfectly baked/ fried crispy cauliflower coated with delicious spicy sticky sauce.
For Baking Cauliflower
- 1 Large Cauliflower(around 14-15 big florets)
- ⅓ Cup Corn Starch
- ⅓ Cup Rice flour(I use this for more crispy Cauliflower but you don't have you can use all purpose flour .
- 1 Tsp White Pepper powder (If you don't have use black pepper powder )
- ½ Tsp Salt (do not use much since sauce has salt )
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Oil of your choice.
For Making the Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Schezwan red chilli sauce/Sriracha Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce(If you don't have use Soy sauce)
- ¼ Cup Maple Sugar/Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Canola Oil
- 1 Tsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar(white)/rice wine
- 1 Tsp Corn starch
- ⅓ Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Chopped garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Tsp Finely chopped fresh red thai chillies(optional)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Green Onion
How to make Sauce
- Take a pan . Heat it .
- Add one tsp of canola oil t it .When its hot add chopped garlic and fry till it looks pink.
- Add ginger Garlic paste and fry till all the raw smell is gone .
- Mix all the Sauces together and add to it.
- Let it boil for 1-2 minute.
- Mix water and corn starch . make it doesn't have any lump to it .
- Add to it and mix well.If you think it looks too thick add little bit around 1 tbsp of water.
- Keep it aside.
How to bake /Fry Cauliflower.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying or line with a parchment paper.
- Take a big bowl ,and mix all the dry ingredients into it . Mix water to it . Whisk well ,so it doesn't have lumps.
- Mix cauliflower to it and coat them with the prepared coating.
- Mix oil to it and place them in tray for baking .
- Make sure they are in one layer . Do not over crowd the pan.
- Bake it for 20-25 minute or till they look and feel crispy .
- Remove it from the oven and keep it aside.
How to deep fry cauliflower
- Take a big wok /pan.
- Take enough oil for deep frying.
- Once it hot fry it over medium flame .
- You can fry it twice for more crispy texture, Do not let it burn.
How to mix Sauce with Baked/Fried Cauliflower
- Coat Cauliflower with Sauce and do it properly .
- If you want coat them with sauce and bake again for 8-10 minute ,just like buffalo wings but that's not mandatory.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion and serve.
- You can serve them just like an appetizer or with rice . Lettuce Cups is also a great idea.