Who doesn't love to eat fancy looking food? So, today, I am going to share a dish which is lovely looking and tastes really delicious.
What is Soya Keema?
It is a veg keema that tastes delicious. It's extremely easy, and you can prepare it in under 20 minutes. You can get this in any Indian store under the name of Soya Granules.
How to Make Bread Discs-
They are small disc rotis prepared with Bakhari flour. You can use a flour of your choice if you want, though. I rolled a big roti, then with the help of a cookie cutter, I made same sized discs and roasted them on a big griddle on both sides. Later, if you want, you can brush it with a little ghee/butter (that is purely optional.)
How to Assemble Soya Keema Matar on the Bread Discs-
First, we need to make a colourful salad. I made a berry and cucumber salad to go with it. To assemble, first take a bread disc, and place one or two tsp of soya keema matar on top of it. Then, garnish with salad and serve. Believe me, your family and friends will love it.
Soya Keema Matar over Bread Disc
For Soya Keema Matar
- ½ Cup Soya Keema Granules
- ½ Cup Fresh or Frozen Peas
- ½ Cup Onions,chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Green Chilli Paste(optional)
- ⅓ Cup Tomato Puree
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tbsp Kasoori Methi
- Salt according to your taste.
- 2 Tbsp Oil.
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice.
For seasoning of Soya Keema Matar
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Black Cardamom
Dough for making Bread Disc.
- 2 Cups Bakhari Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Warm Water for making the dough
- Soak ½ cup Keema granules into 1 cup of hot water.
- Soak it for 5-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes squeeze all the excess water from the soya keema . Keep it aside in a plate.
- If you are using fresh Indian peas then you need to boil the peas .
- Boil in salted water till they are soft . Then place them in ice cold water so that their green colour can stay.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Take a pan/Wok.
- Add oil to it .Let it heat .
- Add every thing written under seasoning .Let it sizzle .
- Add onion to it .Saute and let it Sweat over slow flame .
- When onion turns golden brown add ginger garlic paste to it .
- Fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Add all the spices like turmeric ,coriander ,red chilli powder and salt to it . Add two tbsp of water to it and make a masala paste .
- Add tomato puree to it and saute it over the slow medium flame .
- Let the spice paste release oil .
- Add soya granules and peas to it and saute over medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Add one cup of water to it .Add garam masala and kasoori methi too.
- Mix it nicely .Taste the salt . If you need more add . Sprinkle lemon juice and let it cook over the flame till it looks almost dry .
- Garnish with green Cilantro .
- Your Soya Keema Matar is ready to serve .
How to make Bread Disc
- Mix salt with the flour.
- Make a soft dough with the help of warm water.Let it sit for 15 minutes on the kitchen counter.
- Now roll a big rectangle or circle from the dough. You can do it in two parts.
- Cut it with a cookie cutter .
- Cook all the discs over medium flame on a hot griddle till they look pinkish .
- If you want to brush them with ghee or butter you can do it now.
How to assemble
- First make a nice salad of your choice.
- Then garnish everything together like pic or with your idea.
- Serve it with a drink of your choice.
- Your lovely meal is ready .Enjoy.
Leave a Reply