Sharing is caring!!!
The most flavorful homemade tomato soup.Made from roasted fresh vine ripe tomatoes, caramelized onion, and aromatic garlic. This roasted tomato soup is easy and needs only a few ingredients. Make this soup for your family and friends, and enjoy a bowl of comfort and warmth.
How many of you love tomato soup? I love all soups, but my favorite is Roasted Tomato Soup. Since childhood, I have loved the flavor, creamy richness, and taste, which is always the best cross between tangy and sweet.
My mother used to make it in a more Indian style and did not use any cream. The soup was a little bit thin and had a hint of spice. Later, we tasted an entirely different version in a restaurant. That was the creamy version, and it was delicious, too.
Here, I am making the creamy version, which can be converted into a vegan version. You can easily use coconut milk instead of heavy cream. If you do not want to use any cream, that is also fine since I have used a minimal amount here, and trust me, it will still taste very delicious.
What Ingredients are used in the making of roasted tomato soup?
Fresh Vine Ripe Tomato - Aromatic, juicy tomatoes for the best taste. You can use any tomato, but I like vine-ripe ones the best.
Shallots/onion- Shallots or white onion give this soup a sweet taste after roasting.
Garlic- Roasted garlic imparts a great taste, enhancing the flavor profile.
Salt, brown sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, and crushed black pepper.
Heavy cream /Coconut milk is a vegan alternative.
Water or veg stock (very little needed.)
How to make roasted tomato soup?
1)Roast tomato, onion/shallot/garlic drizzled with good quality olive oil, salt, and crushed black pepper. Roast them till they get caramelized.
You can roast them in the oven or even air fryer.
2)Blend everything in a blender. Transfer everything to a pot. Mix a little water /veg stock, coconut milk /cream, salt if needed, and red pepper flakes.
How to store?
Store the soup in an air-tight container for up to 2 days in the refrigerator and around two weeks in the freezer. Store only after it comes to the room temp. That would be ideal if you do not add coconut milk or cream before storing.
What to serve with the roasted tomato soup?
Go ahead and serve them with a classic grilled cheese sandwich. Enjoy them to the fullest. I love to do them in bread bowls for added charm. They look so posh, and kids love this.
You may want to check some popular soup posts of mine,
Roasted Tomato Soup
- 2 Lb Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Big White Onion,if using shallots take 4.
- 5 Cloves Garlic ,peeled
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ Tsp Crushed Black pepper
Ingredients to mix after blending the soup
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Thick Coconut milk /Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Water/Veg Stock only if you think its thick.
- 1 Bunch Basil Leaves (if using)
- Preheat oven to 400 f. Mix chopped tomatoes ,chopped onion ,garlic cloves ,crushed black pepper ,and salt (according to your taste). Add olive oil and mix them really well.
- It takes around 30-35 minutes for everything to get roasted. Remove from the oven once it looks nice ,caramalized.
- Blend everything in a blender
- Take a pan and transfer everything into the pan. Mix coconut milk /cream, brown sugar and water to it .
- Let it come to a boil.When its thick for your liking add red pepper flakes.
- Serve in a cute little bread bowl or beside a classic grilled cheese sandwich.