Air fryer stuffed peppers are just a delicious change for a perfect weeknight or weekend side.
It's easy, hardly takes any time, and is just amazing.
Flavorful spicy potato mix combined with all the aromatic Indian spices and herbs, this dish makes a wonderful party dish as well.
Vegan and gluten-free, this dish is a crowd pleaser and kid-approved as well.
Stuffed peppers are the kind of dish where the possibilities are endless and cooking a soul satisfactory meal is easy.
Depending on your taste and choices, you can always get creative with the kind of stuffing you want.
Traditionally, this recipe is prepared in the oven or stovetop. I have made both types and they both taste great.
Making stuffed peppers in the air fryer keeps the crunch of the peppers intact, uses less oil, and gives them a nice color.
What Ingredients Are Needed?
Bell Peppers /Capsicum- Fresh crunchy green peppers are the best for this recipe, however, you can always use colored ones.
I always feel like colored ones are sweeter in taste, and they clash with the spicy stuffing. So, I always choose green ones.
Potatoes- I prefer to use Yukon gold or red potatoes for this recipe.
They are creamier and the stuffing feels more smooth in texture.
Oil- For making the stuffing and brushing the peppers.
Aromatics- Onion, ginger, garlic, and fresh chilies (if you like spicy things).
Spices- Red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and salt are the most basic and still make an amazing difference.
Fresh cilantro and lime juice for garnish.
How to Make-
Wash and dry the medium size green bell peppers.
Cut them into two parts. Remove all the seeds and clean the insides of the pepper.
Make a delicious stuffing by cooking grated boiled potatoes, all the aromatics, and spices.
Garnish with cilantro and sprinkle some lime juice.
Scoop the potato mixture with a spoon and fill all the green peppers.
Brush the peppers with a brush and air fry them in a preheated air fryer at 360 F.
Remove them when the stuffed peppers are cooked but they still have some crunch left. Enjoy!!!
Note-We can store them in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Reheat them in the air fryer or oven just before serving. Do not microwave them as that will make them soggy.
You may wnt to check other popular air fryer recipes,
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- 4 medium Green Pepper ,cut them into half
- 2 Big Potatoes
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Chopped Fresh Chilies(optional)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- ½ Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tsp Red Chili Powder(optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Wash and dry the medium size green bell peppers.
- Cut them into two parts. Remove all the seeds and clean the insides of the pepper.
- Make a delicious stuffing by cooking grated boiled potatoes, all the aromatics, and spices. Garnish with cilantro and sprinkle some lime juice.
- For preparing the mixture, heat oil in a pan .Saute onion ,ginger ,garlic and chilies till they look golden.Add all the spices and grated boiled potato.Add salt .Mix them properly .Cook the potato mixture for 1-2 minutes or till they look nice and even.
- Scoop the potato mixture with a spoon and fill all the green peppers.
- Brush the peppers with a brush and air fry them in a pre-heated air fryer at 360 F.Usually it takes 7-8 minutes.
- Remove them when the stuffed peppers are cooked but they still have some crunch left. Enjoy!!!