Fun, colorful, and super simple to make, this easy vegan air fryer fajita can be a leisurely lunch or dinner any day of the week. They are perfectly juicy, crunchy, and flavorful at the same time. Taking up less than half an oven's cook time, the quick cooking time is another advantage in making air fryer fajita. In addition to this, the dish is vegan and for sure a crowd-pleaser.
My obsession with air fryers and easy dishes continues. I can't tell you how easy it is to make these restaurant-style vegan fajitas in the air fryer. During the summer when you seriously do not want to heat your whole home with a hot oven, or slave over the stove top, an air fryer comes to the rescue.
This Mexican dish is quite popular at home and for the ease of making it, I prefer it for get-togethers or game days too.
What Type of Vegetables Do You Need for Making an Easy Vegan Air Fryer Fajita?
Nothing fancy of course. Raid your fridge and use whatever vegetables you have there, or whatever catches your attention. Primarily, you can use all types of colored peppers, green peppers, red onion, jalapeno, and mushrooms. I use lots of chopped garlic to enhance the taste. Tofu can be used as a vegan alternative.
How to Serve Easy Vegan Air Fryer Fajitas-
You can serve this vegan fajita with char-grilled tortilla, lots of pico de gallo, avocado slices, and fresh lime. Cilantro crema or any other topping is just your choice, as it doesn't affect the taste.
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Vegan Fajita-
Slice all the vegetables after washing. Do not slice them very thinly. A little bit of thickness prevents them from burning and gives a nice body to the dish. Mix all the vegetables with fajita seasoning. Add a little bit of oil and mix well.
Grill them at 360 F in the air fryer for 7-8 minutes or till they look perfectly cooked for your taste.
How to Make Fajita Seasoning at Home-
It's super easy to make instead of buying. Mix cumin powder, cayenne, paprika, onion, garlic, black pepper, salt, and a little bit of oregano together. Your fajita seasoning is ready to use!
Some of My Popular Air Fryer Recipes-
Easy Vegan air Fryer Fajita
- 1 Medium Green Pepper ,thick sliced
- 1 Medium Yellow Pepper,thick sliced
- 1 Medium Red Pepper,thick sliced
- 1 Medium Red Onion ,Sliced
- 1 Small Jaepeno,sliced
- 4 Oz Tofu ,cut into strips(pressed extra firm tofu)
- 4 Tbsp Fajita Seasoning(you can reduce or increase the quantity depending on your choice.
- 1 Lime juice
- Cilantro for Garnish
- 4 Wheat Taco/Corn Taco for serving
- 1 Small bowl Pico de galo
- 1 Small Bowl Cilantro Crema
- 4 Slices Avocado
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Pre- heat the air fryer to 360 F.
- Mix all the vegetables tofu,oil and ,fajita seasoning together.
- Place them in the air fryer basket or tray and grill them till they look charred and soft to your taste.
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle some lime juice.
- Serve with tortillas and other sides of your choice.