A perfect blend of crispy skin and creamy insides, this air fryer mustard spiced potato has an amazing mustard chilli flavour. It's very different from usual smashed potato recipes. If you love a slightly pungent mustard flavour, then you will love this as well.
Vegan, gluten-free, and a crowd-pleaser, this air fryer mustard spiced potato is kid-friendly too. So don't wait, without any further ado, let's get started on the process.
Why Air Fryer Smashed Potato?
Like I always say, I love the air fryer and totally believe that it is one of the best appliances in our kitchen in the last decade. I bought my first air fryer in 2014 and never looked back. I cook something in it every day.
Air fryers are the smaller version of a convection oven and I love the easy use and how little time they take. They are easy to operate for a teenager and cleaning them is easy too.
Potatoes and air fryers are both our best friends. I love how air fryer potatoes are crispy and crunchy. They don't need much oil and are still crispy and delicious.
I love Air fried Spicy Potato Wedges, Air Fryer Cauliflower Fritters/Gobi Pakora. I have several recipes for the air fryer- if you are interested go check them out now.
What Ingredients Are Needed for this Recipe?
Potatoes- I used mixed baby potatoes because they are easy to handle, and the skin gets crispy in a much nicer way. It is not very sweet, but at the same time, quite creamy from the inside.
You can use any potato of your choice, however, I always prefer red or yellow potatoes for smashed potatoes.
Mustard Sauce- I have used Indian mustard sauce (Bengali) Kasundi, however, in this recipe dijon mustard works really well. If you do not have these at hand you can use any of your favourite sauces too.
Chilli powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and the best quality olive oil.
Red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro for garnish.
How to Make This-
Boil baby potatoes in salted water till al dente. They should be fork-tender. Dry them with a paper towel. Press them softly with the help of the back of a spatula.
Coat them well with sauce mix and drizzle some olive oil for a crispy edge. Air fry them at 360 F till they look super crispy and delicious. If you want, you can garnish them with lime juice and mustard sauce.
This is a great accompaniment with a plate of protein. I am sure you will love it!
Air Fryer Mustard Spiced Potato
- 12 Baby Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder/Paprika(optional)
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Sauce/Dijon Mustard/Kasundi
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Let a bowl full of salted water come to a boil.
- Add clean and scrubbed potatoes to it.
- Remove when its fork tender.
- Dry the potatoes with a paper towel or kitchen towel.
- Smash them with the help of the back of a spatula.
- Mix all the ingredients required for sauce mix.
- Coat all the potatoes with the sauce and place them in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry them at 360 f for 10-12 minutes or till they look crispy from the outside and soft from the inside.
- Your time can vary depending on the size of your potatoes and the power of the air fryer.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and mustard sauce.Enjoy!!!