Falafel Wrap. Simple, delicious and quite filling these falafel wraps are superb quick meals for when you're on the go or any other time. Crispy falafel, crunchy vegetables, and creamy tzatziki filled wraps combine to make overloads of deliciousness. A wonderful way of eating vegetables, and it doesn't need tons of preparation.
Why I love Falafel Wraps
- They are super easy to assemble and preparing a little in advance saves a lot of time.
- Super delicious and healthy to eat.
- Great for packed lunches and picnic food.
- Kid-friendly and kid-approved.
- You can easily change the ingredients according to your liking.
- Easily converted into a semi-homemade meal to suit busy days.
- Freezer and meal planning is possible.
What is falafel?
Falafels are deep-fried balls made of chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, onion, and falafel seasoning. You can easily air fry or bake them. They are vegan meat balls. They are super tasty and filling.
Can I use Canned Chickpeas?
No, you cannot use canned chickpeas. I know it may seem easier to use short cuts but always use dry chickpeas soaked overnight for this recipe. You will not get real texture with canned chickpeas. You can find dry chickpeas in almost all grocery stores. Falafel Wrap tastes best with dry chickpeas.
What all we need for falafel Wrap?
Wrap- Basically any wrap of your choice will work here. I like to use a whole wheat wrap or spinach whole wheat wrap. You can use pita pockets as well. Indian flatbreads like rotis and parathas can work perfectly too. Wrap size matters if you want to make a nice tight wrap. The bigger the size the better the wrap will fold.
Falafel Balls- Making falafel balls are super easy at home. However, you can use store-bought falafel as well. You can store falafel balls in freezer-safe containers or in zip lock bags and use them whenever needed.
Tzatziki Sauce or any vegan sauce of your choice- This refreshing and flavoured sauce elevates the flavour of falafel wrap several times. Feel free to use your favourite sauce.
Vegetables- Use lots of crunchy, crispy, and colorful vegetables. I have used carrots, purple cabbage, lettuce, red onions, and cherry tomatoes in this falafel wrap.
Lime/Lemon Juice- That brings out a bright tangy flavor to all the vegetables.
Can we store these Falafel wraps?
Actually, you can store them separately and whenever required you can assemble it. Bring the falafel to room temperature after you cook them. Store them in a freezer-safe container or zip lock bags. Heat it and do the required assembly.
Same with wraps. You can use homemade wraps or store made wraps. Store them properly and use them according to your need.
How to make tzatziki sauce?
Making this sauce is super easy. Use Greek yoghurt, grated cucumber, dill leaves, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt for this delicious dip/sauce. I love to use a few red pepper flakes to add my own personal touch.
You May want To Check Other Recipes Of Chickpeas,
For Taztziki Sauce
- 1 Cup Greek Yoghurt
- ½ Cup Grated unpeeled english Cucumber
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Chopped Dill Leaves
- Salt according to your taste
For Falafel Balls
- 1.5 Cups Dry Chikpeas (Soaked overnight)
- ½ Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- ½ Cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 4 cloves Garlic,chopped
- ½ Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tsp Lime juice
- ½ Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika powder
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- salt According to the taste
- 5 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
For Assembling the wrap
- 6 Wraps
- 2 Cups Sliced purple Cabbage
- 1 Cup Chopped Lettuce
- ½ Cup Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- Any other vegetable of your choice.
Making of Tzatziki Sauce
- Grate english cucumber and remove all the water by using cheesecloth or just by using your palms.
- Whisk yoghurt and add chopped dil leaves,salt ,olive oil ,lime juice to it .Mix it properly .Add grated cucumber to it .
- Keep chilled in the fridge for serving.
Making of Falafel Balls
- Wash over night soaked chickpea properly.
- Take a food processor and add everything in it .Pulse everything together to make a rough textured mash of chickpeas and herbs.
- Mix all the spices ,lemon juice ,Baking powderand all purpose flour to it .
- Keep this mixture in fridge for 30 minutes.
- For deep frying take a pan or wok.
- Add oil to it .Heat it .
- Fry one falafel and check it .Frying on medium flame by increasing or decreasing the flame from time to time is suggested.
- Suppose your falafelis breaking add little bit of more all purpose flour.
- If you think your falafel ball is dense then add pinch of baking soda in addition to previous quantity.
- Deep fry falafel balls till they feel crispy from out side and soft from inside.
- Similarly you can air fry them or bake them.
- Remove them on a paper towel.
How to Assemble Falafel Wrap
- Slice, shred and chop all the vegetables as thin as possible .You can use food processor as well. Mix lime juice and salt ,pepper .
- Take a wrap .Spread some sauce on it .Place some vegetables .Place 3-4 falafel balls on it .
- Wrap it tightly .Cut it into two parts and enjoy.