Spring is officially here!!!
Well, it only feels like that when I am in my happy place- my backyard!!
The chirping of birds and running of squirrels radiates both positivity and hope for better days.
The last few days were really busy- I couldn’t get any time to click and not much active on the forum itself. This evening, when hubby offered to make some soup for this dinner, I thought I would utilize the extra time in baking a simple pound cake for our dessert.
It is the most simple and easy eggless cake with our pantry staples.
This recipe is originally shared by Namita Tiwari of Ambrosia. I have tweaked the recipe according to my taste and the ingredients available in my pantry.
Eggless Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1 1/4 Cups All purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup Warm Milk.(don’t use cold or hot)
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted butter (if using salted butter then don’t use salt)
- 1/2+2 tbsp Cup Condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven at 156 F or 170 c.
- Prepare your cake tin by greasing and dusting.
- Add all the dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk it .
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix it nicely.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients mix well until incorporated.Batter should be lump free.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.Bake for 20 -25 minutes until it comes out cool.
- After toothpick comes out clean . Remove it from the Pan only after it comes to room temperature.
- Slice only after it feels cool enough to touch . Your lovely crumbs/texture depends on this .
- Serve it .