Easy Instant Pot Mexican Rice with Pantry Staples
- 2.5 Cups Rice(Basmati,Jasmine ,Sona Masoori ,Brown Rice)anything will work here.
- 1 Can 8 oz Tomato puree/home made puree 2 cups
- ½ Cup American Sweet corn
- ½ Cup Canned black bean /soaked and boiled Red kidney beans /Rajma
- 2.5 Tbsp Taco seasoning (if you don't have ,don't worry I am sharing the recipe with you )
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil/Butter
- Salt(according to your taste)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 2.5 Cups Water
- Switch on the saute button of your instant pot.
- Once hot add the oil to it .
- Add garlic cloves to it . Turn it around with the spatula once .
- Add rice and saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Corn ,and beans at this time . Saute it once more .
- Now add taco seasoning and salt ,saute it.
- Add tomato puree to it .
- Add water and mix everything together nicely.
- Cover the instant pot with lid and turn the seal position on .
- Pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Let it cool for some time .
- If you want you can remove the lid after releasing pressure but I will suggest to let it release naturally (especially if kids are involved in cooking)
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a big fork.
- Serve this mexican rice with tortilla chips and sour cream(if you have ).
- You can squeeze some lime juice /lemon juice if you want .It will enhance the taste.
Home made Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cumin powder
- Mix everything together and store in air tight jar/Container.