This morning, I couldn't control myself and after seeing beautiful ripe farm fresh vine ripe tomatoes, I made this delicious and suitable for Indian taste buds Pizza Pasta sauce.
I am not a big fan of store-bought Pizza-Pasta sauce, and apart from overdoses of preservatives, what bothers me most is their bland, stale taste. So whenever I get the time and fresh tomatoes in my hands, I make this rich and velvety textured Pizza Pasta sauce. It is delicious and has an Indian kick. The really important thing is that it's not at all boring.
Super easy and fun to make this recipe only takes around 30 minutes of your time.
It freezes really well and for up to a month. Transfer this into small freezer-safe containers and use it whenever you need it.
Instant Pot Easy Pizza-Pasta Sauce
- 5 Medium Size Ripe good quality tomato (I used vine ripe )diced .
- 1 Medium size Red onion (Diced)
- 5 big cloves Garlic(minced)
- 3 Kashmiri dry red chillies ,soaked in hot water for 10 minutes.Crush into the mortar pestle.
- ½ Tsp Dry Parsley
- ½ Tsp Dry Basil
- ½ Tsp Oregano
- ½ Tsp Chili Flakes
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper (crushed)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Sweet red wine
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- Salt according to taste
- ½ Cup Water
- Prepare all your ingredients and keep them close by.
- Turn on the saute button .When it shows hot add the olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic ,saute it till they look pink or transparent.it will take around one minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and stir it .
- Add tomato paste ,red wine and crushed kashmiri red chili to it.
- Add all the herbs and brown sugar to it .saute it let it cook for a minute or two.
- Add salt and ½ cup of warm water to it .
- Mix it and close the lid .
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes. Let it naturally release the steam .(If using pressure cooker ,cook till 3 whistle on low to medium flame )
- After natural release of steam ,open the lid.
- Use hand blender to blend it into a smooth sauce .
- Again switch on the saute button . Let it cook for 2-3 minutes till it reaches consistency of your liking .
- Taste the seasoning .Let it come to room temperature .Store properly in fridge and freezer.
Leave a Reply